We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice beach hotel in Goa

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nice beach hotel in Goa

I am planning to go with my family (husband, 2 kids, 10 and 14 years old) to Goa next year in March (only 4 nights since we will go to Mumbai first). Would like to stay at a nice hotel by the beach, I dont want a resort with millions of ammenties, just a clean beachside place (I am not looking to have back packers and hippies as next door neighbors...). Any tips?

Regards Maria

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

You could try Jay's Place in Calangute e-mail them @

jaysplacegoa@hotmail.co.uk

5 min's walk to the beech, Run by Barry & Pal moved over from London. They have a few room options in 2 seperate properties and live in a attached house. I have been 3 times and are going back in March with 3 other couples (one with 2 teenage kids) Some nice places to eat & drink near by. If they are full they will help you find somewhere to suit your request. You will have a great time!!!

2. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:06 pm, November 13, 2007
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

Try the bevven resort its a small family run b/b 3 mins to beach in quiet location but lively just a short walk away in calangute

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

Thats b.e.v.v.e.n by the way always looks like a w

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

We always stayed at the Hotel Colonia Santa Maria, on Baga Beach, which is just north of Calangute. I would class it as mid range. It has a pool with rooms around it, outdoor(covered) dining, a bar and lots of character. There are some more basic rooms but all are clean and adequate. There are lots of local shops and restaurants near by. The beach is great and has many shack type eateries. All costs are very reasonable.

Have fun

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

i'm with PUNE on this one, Colonia Santa Maria, otherwise known by just about everyone as C.S.M. great place to stay all the amenties. right on the beach.

we've stayed there three times, and love it there.

good service, nice clean rooms, and friendly staff.

what more could you ask???

BOB

goa
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

C.S.M is the place to be.But if your budget is good then try the Goan Heritage resort in Calangute.Great place on the beach.

8. Re: nice beach hotel in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Calangute