We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taj Exotica

Which Benaulim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rogiet, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taj Exotica

Last time w stayed at the Taj they served champagne/sparkling wine at breakfast. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taj Exotica

Yeah, I looking for good ideas too, myself and my partner will be travelling there in march. How did you find your stay last time I really want something similar I emailed the hotel yesterday asking similar question! Did you do any of the watersports last time you stayed.if so are they expensive etc.....

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taj Exotica

They did in 2010 but you might need to "remind" them.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taj Exotica

Hi, champagne was 'help yourself ' in Feb 2010. Last year you had to ask & usually got half a glass. We're off to the Taj again on 16th Feb, no doubt changes again. A dry day on our last day, so even more sad... Breakfasts are excellent, they even had a bottle of HP sauce!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taj Exotica

Hi Minione, just back from 2 fab weeks at Taj. Sparkling wine / champagne now def suspended,such a shame. One of the waiters said it was stopped as the R word had abused it, I did mention it to the manager at breakfast who didn't comment...oh well at least we enjoyed 2 years of it.

Have a fab time , pool rooms are just divine!

PS wouldn't recommend the BBQ on Wednesdays, chicken dry , no prawns... Only time we ate in. DO go on Betty's boat trip. Unbelievable value!

Sussex
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taj Exotica

Hi all I'm off to the Taj Exotica on Saturday for 2 weeks and am trying to decide what to do about money. Can't decide whether to take travellers cheques/cash or use cash machines. Can you give advice based on your recent experiences?

Kind regards

Lisa

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taj Exotica

If you take cash a shack to the left as you come on to the beach called Zubrai gives a competitive exchange rate. The food here is also very good and is our place of choice for fresh fish

vkb
mississippi
Level Contributor
612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taj Exotica

Are Zubrai an authorized ForEx agent?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taj Exotica

It is a beach shack offering this service to its customers! We change our money there as well. Will only take cash, no T/Cs. There are a couple of exchange places in Benaulim village.

Enjoy your holiday. See you on the beach!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taj Exotica

In addition to Zubrai (which I haven't personally used) if you come out of the taj main gate and head up the road towards Royal Goan Beach Club and Joecons, there's a small kiosk about 30 yds up on the left where I've always found the rate was very competitive. Not sure if he takes T Cheques as I always take cash.

Keith

PS is VKB for real?

vkb
mississippi
Level Contributor
612 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taj Exotica

I am just trying to understand what some of you are suggesting. It appears that you have no problems illegally exchanging money. Where do you think that hard currency ends up? Have you ever considered what the consequences of your illegal actions are? Would you promote the same behavior in your respective countries? Just something to think about before you send people to "beach shacks" to change money.

Get answers to your questions about Benaulim