We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money - Urgent help needed!

Which Anjuna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Money - Urgent help needed!

Hi all.

I only recently found out that the rupee is a closed currency, which has somewhat banjaxed my plans, as I usually change money up in advance. Going to risk it & change up a hundred quid, but could do with a bit of advice:

I have never used traveller's cheques & have no idea where best to get them from, what currency I should go for, whether i can cash them at the airport (or in Anjuna) & which places are reputable.

Also, anyone know if there are any ATMs in Anjuna that take visa electron (or if electron is accepted in India)?

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Money - Urgent help needed!

Thanks guys. Anyone know if Electron is accepted in cash points?

London
Level Contributor
8,159 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Money - Urgent help needed!

As Thomas Cook charge 3 pct commission on travellers cheques, I would consider them to be the worst place to buy travellers cheques. Places such as M/S only charge 1 pct.

23. Re: Money - Urgent help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 23, 2012