We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Royale vs Silver Beach

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Island Royale vs Silver Beach

We are going in June to Gulf Shores and I have a choice of staying at Island Royale on the 12th floor or Silver Beach on the 6th floor. I would love any help on making my decision! I have not been to Gulf Shores in several years! I have 3 kids ages 14, 13, and 10. Thanks!

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

I'll preface this by saying I am a big fan of Silver Beach. I just like the layout of the condos. The two properties are different. SB was built in '96 and IR in '02. SB is right across the street from a couple of grocery stores and some restaurants, though not restaurants I would heartily recommend. The beach at SB will be a little more crowded because that area is a little denser than West Beach. That could work in your favor with the teens having more people to associate with. With the kids I would go with SB. Alone I would go with IR.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

I was wondering if you thought that it would be about $500 dollars better to stay at Silver Beach. I want to stay at a nice condo but would like to have some extra money without being in a horrible condo. Thx

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

Well, I like SB better, but probably not $500 better. People spend so little time in the condos that I would save that money for eating out and attractions. That's just me, though.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

Thank you for your input! i really appreciate it!

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

Have you looked at the owner rentals on vrbo??

There are some really good deals at silver beach....I found summer for less than a $1,000 for a week......granted they don't have great views, more like side views....But the prices seem good and it seems like a good clean place......Island royale is higher,, I was confused how silver beach cost more??

Take a peek at www.vrbo.com

I am a big fan of owner rentals........

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

well, don't I feel dumb now...I was looking at sugar beach.....

Which didn't seem bad either..LOL..........

I think I would choose island royale...... It's too early in the morning....

Arkansas
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

Thx! I am going through the vrbo site! I would love to afford the Lighthouse cause it is new but I hope that I will like IR more importantly I hope the boys like it! They will probably want to do some parasailing wave running and deep sea fishing. Also planning a trip to see Blue Angels! I just want a nice beach! and pool!

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

Fordarama,

You gotta quit getting up so early!

9. Re: Island Royale vs Silver Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 24, 2009