We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
8 posts
Save Topic
Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

I'm trying to rent a 2 - 3 bedroom condo for 10 days starting June 1st. So far, I've only been inquiring at the Turquoise and all of the responses are they only rent in one week increments from Saturday to Saturday. Does anyone know of a similar property that would allow for a 10 day rental with Sunday check-in?

Due to schedules and a wedding we have to attend, this week is our only option.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Check the Phoenix condos. I don't believe they have those restrictions.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

I would also look on VRBO.com.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

It has been our experience that owners renting their condos on VRBO usually restrict summer rentals to only weekly rentals but that the management companies do not. For instance, Spectrum Resorts manages Turquoise and I believe they allow 10 night rentals and the same thing for Brett-Robinson which manages all of the Phoenix properties. So you may have better luck with one of these companies.

Starkville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Check out the Lighthouse property. It's our favorite. We rent through Youngs Suncoast & there are no limits with the exception of a 3 night minimum, which I believe you will find with most of the rental agencies and probably vrbo as well (but don't quote me on that!) It also doesn't have to be a Sat. to Sat rental either. Be sure to call & ask if they are running any specials. Always do this with whomever you call. We have always found better deals with the rental companies than with vrbo in our own experiences. Good luck & have fun!

Cleveland, Ohio
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Thank you everyone for your responses. All of the inquiries I've made so far through VRBO are limited to Saturday to Saturday in 1 week increments. I'm going to try a couple of agencies you have suggested.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Try San Carlos through VRBO - most offer flexibility.

Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
Level Contributor
630 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

I just rented through Kaiser and had many options. I just rented Monday through Monday to avoid the trave rush in July.

I know Youngs Suncoast also does optional dates as well but I do know there are minimum on some rentals.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Caribe Resort might be another possibility.

Signal Mountain...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

Look on VRBO.com Bella Luna is a really nice condo to consider

10. Re: Possible to rent in June for 10 days rather than 7 or 14?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 28, 2015