We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

Would like some really good seafood at least once on our trip. I've read mixed reviews about alot of the places. Seems like most of it is fried and OK tasting but not anything to write home about. Don't normally eat fried food but it's fine every now and then if it's GOOD! Think we will probably try LuLu's because it is owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister of course, but hear it is a little over-priced for food that is once again,...OK, but the atmosphere is good. Because our budget will only allow us to eat out a few times, I'm looking for some recommendations.......Thanks for your input.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

You might try the Giggling Grouper on Bear Pt. It's been getting some good reviews on this board. Also, Bayside Grill, Doc's, King Neptune's all might be candidates. Neptune's has some good steamed and broiled seafood.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

Could you tell me which seafood restaurant would be the best for a family traveling with kids (7,12, and 19)? Want good food but also fun place for big kids and teens.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

Trecord1,

You might like Calypso Joe's at Orange Beach Marina. 251-981-1415. It's a Caribbean kind of place and they have crab races for the kids and outdoor dining. Fun place. Other choices are the Original Point just across the FL line and Tacky Jack's, two locations, one in Orange Beach and one on Fort Morgan.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

I've heard several mentions on the forum of Tacky Jacks. Which location is the best?

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

Another one: Original Oyster House appears to be pretty close to our condo, how is the food and family atmosphere here?

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

I've also heard this mentioned quite a bit but I believe they are located in Orange Beach and in Fort Morgan. It's doubtful that my husband will want to drive to either location being that wer are staying in Gulf Shores, but I believe they have a website if you are interested in finding out more about them.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

By the way, any thoughts on Bahama Bobs? This place is wihtin walking distance of our condo.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

Orange beach is really just a nice drive straight down the street. We stay in fort morgan, but we drive to gulf shores and to orange beach several times while we're there. It really is just one big city combined. And we have found lu lu's food really quite good. I guess it all depends on your taste.. we are really picky...

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

We have always enjoyed Original Oyster House in Gulf Shores. Service, food and pricing are very good. It's been around forever and has good reputation. Very family friendly. Our last visit was last summer. We plan to visit next week while renting a house at Fort Morgan.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best places to eat in Gulf Shores on a budget?

Original Oyster House is excellent, but the line can be long so get there early or late. Bahama Bob's is a fun place with a menu not as large as some others, but pretty good. You can drive to Tacky Jacks in OB in less than 15 minutes from Gulf Shores.