We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish

Bowdon, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Jellyfish

Will be arriving in gulf shores later today and just wondered if the jellyfish are still bad?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish

I have only seen one all week and have been at the state pier everyday last week so I had a pretty good view of the water. Also out in the bay all weekend and didn't see any.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish

How was the fishing Robert,C

Bowdon, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish

Think I jinxed myself lol. Staying in fort morgan ... One got me about 15 minutes after being in the water. A little girl got stung about. 5 mins after me. Didnt hear of anymore though.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
901 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jellyfish

We were in Ft. Morgan all last week and never saw any jelly fish. Sorry they are there now.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jellyfish

The fishing was good. My children and I were catching lots of Spanish Mackerel. We also saw some big Kings and a huge Jack Crevalle caught.

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jellyfish

We were at Orange Beach today and there were a lot of jellyfish being caught with nets-I washed one mom fish one out every 10 minutes or so. We were at Gulf Shores beach yesterday no jellyfish, but stingrays-just shuffle your feet and they will move out of your way!! I didn't hear about anyone getting stung.

Henderson, Kentucky
Level Contributor
118 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jellyfish

We have always been told, when stingrays there are sharks very close by...just sayin please beware

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jellyfish

coming on Sunday. Are the jelly fish still an issue?

Tomball, Texas...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jellyfish

We haven't seen k e jellyfish at all this week! The beach is beautiful!

10. Re: Jellyfish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 17, 2014