We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet close to beach with elderly parent

The Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
quiet close to beach with elderly parent

Can any one help me with a recommendation for a hotel (Hampton Inn or similar) or condo complex recommendation in Gulf Shores? On the beach. Need a spot for just me and my mom, no crazy spring breakers, close walk to beach, view from balcony. Must be immaculately clean. Pristine. Newish.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet close to beach with elderly parent

You have hit the nail on the head. Given your criteria, the Hampton Inn in Orange Beach would be great for you. It's a new hotel, right on the beach, that consistently gets very high reviews. If you are staying for more than a few nights you could also look at one bedroom condos at the Lighthouse or The Beach Club in Gulf Shores or one of the Phoenix buildings in Orange Beach, but these condos are going to only come with a king bed and sleeper sofa which may not be ideal for you and your mother. Two bedroom condos are a possibility, but are more expensive.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet close to beach with elderly parent

If your mom likes an indoor pool that is not crowded then try Phoenix 3 or 4

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet close to beach with elderly parent

The phoenix buildings are Huge...

I want to suggest Royal palms..

It is next to the state park, which means there is not a building next door on one side..Wide open beach,,

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…

If you rent from vrbo.com you will save ...

Beach front hotels are more costly in many cases , than a condo..

4. Re: quiet close to beach with elderly parent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 11, 2014