We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moonraker Condos

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Moonraker Condos

Hello,

I've found affordable and quiet condos on the western side of Gulf Shores called Moonraker.. All of the reviews on VRBO look good, but thought I'd post here to see if any of the Gulf Shores experts have any additional information. Thanks!

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moonraker Condos

Moonraker units are fairly old and pretty small, but they are right across the street from the beach. Many of the units are well-kept and comfortable, from what I've seen. Depends on what you look for in a vacation rental. I would stay there.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moonraker Condos

Hello dd,

Thanks for the feedback. This is pretty much what I surmised from the reviews, descriptions, and feedback, but wanted to be certain. I could possibly go a little bit higher on the rate. I am definitely looking for a small complex with an uncrowded pool area and quiet beach. This one seemed to hit all of these marks, but if you are aware of any others that would fit in this same category, please do let me know. I've been drawn to the western side of Gulf Shores and Ft. Morgan as it is a bit more remote (or so it appears). One other complex I've looked at on vrbo is Navy Cove, but it is a few hundred more for a week's rental. Something in between the two might be ideal. If you have any tips, do let me know! Otherwise, I may stick with Moonraker based on your feedback. Thanks for your help!

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moonraker Condos

There are a few more down that way in the Moonraker mold. Seabreeze, The Landing, Lagoon Run, Summerhouse West and Sea Oats all come to mind. Sea Oats, in particular, has pretty large units.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moonraker Condos

Thanks - I'll check those out!

Michigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moonraker Condos

We have stayed at Gulf Shores Surf and Racquet a couple of times and really enjoyed our stay both times. Beautiful sunset views from the lagoon side, very pretty landscaped pool area, and short walk across the street to the beach. Units are smaller but prices are very good. In a quieter area of West Beach Blvd. We rented a 2 br/1 bath unit through vrbo.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moonraker Condos

Thanks missinggs. I haven't looked at much of the units at Gulf Shores Surf and Racquet because it looked like a large complex and we really want small. Is it a large complex?

Michigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moonraker Condos

wish2trvl, I sent you a PM. Hope it is helpful.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moonraker Condos

Wonderful information - thanks!

Columbia, Missouri
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Moonraker Condos

I hope I'm allowed to post links here - if not, please let me know!

A few years ago we rented this unit: http://www.vrbo.com/199875

It was small, but clean. The owner is really nice, the pool wasn't crowded (in August) and it's right across the street from the beach - easy walk. When we stayed, we had me, my husband, and a baby - we fit fine!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moonraker Condos

Wonderful lead! Thanks Ash K! I will check this unit out, as well as others in the complex.

Also, dd992, would you say Summerhouse West and Moonraker are fairly comparable?