We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meyer Vacation Rental

Edmond, Oklahoma...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meyer Vacation Rental

Horrible. DO NOT BOOK WITH MEYER VACATION RENTAL. They will happily take your money but could not care about you or your family's safety. Projected Category 2 for Isaac at landfall is your problem, not their problem. Even when we asked for a voucher to use for another week the answer was no. Money, money, money is all they care about.

Please follow with your own posts to get these guys out of business.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,610 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

Policy, policy, policy. What is the policy? We, they, you do not know where and when this hurricane will make landfall.

We see this post every year. Know the refund rules before you book

Edmond, Oklahoma...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

True enough about knowing the rules before you book. With Meyer Rental Vacations, it is almost impossible. Doesn't matter whether you have trip insurance or not. If you decide the day before that you don't want to risk your family in a hurricane then you are out your money. By contrast, Phoenix West is allowing anyone who wants it a full refund or a voucher for another time. Since our vacation is through Meyer Vacation Rental at Phoenix West, we are out that money.

The moral of the story is just don't book through Meyer. There are others with more reasonable policies.

Forrest City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

It's not just Meyer, and I dont work for them and have never used them, but the others are all like that. Try them again if the city orders a mandatory evacuation

Forrest City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

Try them know. They just issued the Mandatory Evacuation

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

Also, use www.vrbo.com in the future,,

Owners are easier to deal with, and you save a few hundred..

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
495 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

Did you purchase the optional trip insurance? If so, you should get reimbursed for days lost due to the mandatory evacuation.

I always get trip insurance. I filed claims three times since 2004 at various locations: once for storm evacuation and twice for deaths in family. Insurance premiums are money well spent.

Albany, NY
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

I do not work for any of "them" either but they do not all have the same policy. Brett/Robinson is providing full refunds to anyone even if you can't reach them to cancel during this week. I was really surprised at how customer friendly their policy is but it probably pays back in customer loyalty in the long run.

Starkville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

We always get get trip insurance. You never know what might happen. And using vrbo is no guarantee that you won't have problems. We had a problem w/ a vrbo owner not responding to our call. Hope you get this worked out Wallace S!

Edited: 4:18 pm, August 27, 2012
Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
15 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

Bait and Switch? My daughter and a group of friends booked a 2 bedroom condo for Spring Break. When they arrived Meyer had put them in a 1 bedroom! For 7 people. Meyer refused to fix the error but offered to move them with the understanding they had to pay for 2 condos! Do not rent from Meyer. Try VRBO!!!

cincinnati
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meyer Vacation Rental

Do not book w/ Meyer rentals. They do not inspect or repair reported damages, but will try to charge you for past damages to furniture, walls, toilets. If you are brave enough, record w/ a camera and document EVERY little ding, dent, crack in the unit or they will try to get you to pay for others' misuse.