We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Royale

Alabama
9 posts
Save Topic
Island Royale

I'm planning a trip to Gulf Shores in May. I found a condo for rent at Island Royale on West Beach. Can anyone give me a review of this condo complex? Also looking at the Hilton Garden Inn, but according to some of the posts on this web site it is not recommended. How about a review of the Hilton also. Thanks for your help.

Birmingham, AL
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Royale

We just got back from a trip to Island Royale and we absolutely loved the place. We were looking for relaxation and found it. We stayed in a two bedroom -- the kitchen was easy to use and the curved balcony was huge. The beach was fabulous and the grounds were well-kept. The rooftop deck is now only for owners so that was disappointing, and the hot tub was closed for repairs. We never went in the pool, but did see that it was indoor/outdoor with a swim through and packed with kids. We parked our car and didn't move it for 5 days as we were able to walk across the street to a grocery store and down the beach to restaurants. We would certainly go back.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Royale

Island Royale is an excellent property and you will enjoy it. The Hilton Garden Inn is also very nice, but it is a hotel and not a condo. There are a limited number of Gulf Front rooms there. If you are a Hilton HHonors Diamond it would probably be worth it for the free breakfast and possibility of an upgrade. Also, the HGI is closer to restaurants than Island Royale, but that only means a 2 minute drive vs a 5 minute drive.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Royale

Hi! I am looking at staying at the Island Royale and I was wondering if you chose this condo and did you like it? The one that I am looking at is on the 12th floor. Thx!

4. Re: Island Royale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, August 14, 2009