We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

We are considering renting a unit for the month in November or December. We know it is too cold for water activities but seek the expansive view and relaxation. Our main activities will be walking the beach areas, maybe fishing, maybe golf. Our kids and their spouses will join us for part of the time (mid 20's). This is our first time to explore the area and we are trying to decide whether we should rent at Fort Morgan, Gulf Shores, or Perdido Key. Are there pros or cons to each area, especially during these months? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

If you want quiet and no people, Fort Morgan is probably your best bet. Gulf Shores is closer to restaurants and more central to most of the golf courses. I live in AL, so I almost never recommend Perdido Key, but it's a nice area with some restaurants and at least one good golf course. Being biased as I am, I think Gulf Shores is probably what you're looking for. :)

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

I would have to agree with DD. While Fort Morgan is nice - the drive into town gets old fast.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

Thanks for the advice. BTW, do you have a favorite golf course nearby?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

Golf courses? Depends on what you're looking for. Most difficult for me is Kiva Dunes. IMO, best maintained is Peninsula. Both Craft Farms courses are challenging, but fun. Best value is probably GlenLakes. There are others, too. Check out:

http://golf.gulfshores.com/

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

Thanks for your personal insight and the link. We're looking forward to our trip!

Edited: 4:20 pm, August 18, 2010
6. Re: Decr /Nov Trip - Which Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 15, 2011