We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dauphin Island, AL
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

Lots of luck finding pet-friendly in Gulf Shores . . . you can pretty much rule out any condo, and none of the big 4 or 5 rental companies have anything pet-friendly.

I would suggest you try Dauphin Island instead. Dauphin Island is the next island to the west. It is connected by a bridge to the mainland, and you can also take a car ferry across the mouth of Mobile Bay over to Gulf Shores.

Here is a link to a list of some pet-friendly properties on Dauphin Island:

dauphinislandbeachrentals.com/Dauphin_Island…

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

As I write this I'm sitting in a PET-FRIENDLY rental in Gulf Shores!!

I rent through Meyer. Check their site...click on "Vacation Rentals" and you'll find a "pet friendly" link.

Dauphin Island, AL
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

This is taken from Meyer's website. Apparently, they now have a few pet-friendly properties, but they are not available during the summer at all, and it looks like you would be very limited with where you can legally take your pet. Dauphin Island has a leash law on the beach, but you can bring your pet to the beach:

"Pet rentals are not available during the summer season from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We require a one time non refundable fee of $125 (Laws in Orange Beach, Gulf Shores and Perdido Key prohibit pets on the beach; Ft. Morgan beaches are in Baldwin County and do not restrict pets".

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

You're correct that Meyer does not have any pet-friendly rentals in the summer season. But vbro has a fair number of listings.

Officially dogs are prohibited from the town beaches, but there doesn't seem to be a problem during snowbird time, as beaches are pretty empty. Our place has access to Little Lagoon, and our dog loves to splash around there.

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

Island Mon, isn't there a rule about advertising on TA?

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

Was he advertising or just being helpful for those of us who need to know which places are pet friendly?

Thanks for the info island mon.

I have a dog and I plan on visiting Al. soon it was good that there are places that I could bring my dog if I wished to.

Dauphin Island, AL
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

Trip Advisor is a commercial site; it's owned by Expedia. I don't think an occasional link to my site is a violation of their policies, but if it is, I'm sure they'll let me know.

I try to help people when I have a few spare minutes; when it is appropriate, I'll post a link. For example, here is an excellent short video on how to avoided the latest rental scam:

rentbits.com/blog/rental-scams/how-to-unmask…

Da Island Mon

7. Re: Pet friendly vacation rentals near Gulf Shores, AL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 19, 2009