We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant news for Foley?

Which Foley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant news for Foley?

The building that previously housed Le Roux on Hwy 59 in Foley has a new sign out front that says "Chappy's"! This is great news for Foley diners. Chappy's used to be in Long Beach, MS, but Katrina wiped the building off the lot. Moved to Nashville I heard, but then came back south and has a restaurant on Hwy 98 in Fairhope. I don't know if they are moving or just opening another restaurant, but this is a whole new dining ball game for Foley.

Chappy has had his detractors, but I'm not one of them. His place in MS was higher end than anything in Foley, but given the building he's moving into he will be challenged to make it a white tablecloth place. We'll see what happens. That white pickup you'll see in the parking lot will be me in line for when they open their doors...

5 replies to this topic
Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant news for Foley?

After waiting for them to be open for at least a month, we had lunch at Chappy's in Foley today. They opened in the space previously occupied by some chain barbecue place and then the departed (and missed) Le Roux.

Space is pretty informal with booths occupying most of the floor. Some tables interspersed. Not a lot of interior changes from the way Le Roux was set up.

I had the Red Beans and Rice (excellent!), Mrs DD had the Etouffe' (even better than mine) and DD daughter had Crab Bisque, which I liked better than she did.

Prices were reasonable. Portions were generous. Food was excellent. Full bar. Service was very good, though I thought the servers were a bit formal considering the space. They did a great job, though. We'll be going back...often!

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
299 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant news for Foley?

I've eaten at the location in Nashville several times and always found the food and service to be excellent. The lunch prices were reasonable. We are moving to the Foley area in the next year and I'm happy to learn Chappy's will be there.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant news for Foley?

Sorry I didn't update, but Chappy's didn't make it. Closed a few months ago. That location is just poison to a restaurant. Will be interesting to see who the next victim will be.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant news for Foley?

Yeah, that has been an awful location for a restaurant for whatever reason. I'm surprised the Mexican Hibachi place behind it is still there.

Alabama
Level Contributor
4 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant news for Foley?

Chappys in Foley is no longer there

Reply to: Good restaurant news for Foley?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Foley