We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Fairhope

Tallahassee
1 post
Save Topic
Hotels in Fairhope

I am going to the Architectural Salvage place in Fairhope and want a nice place to stay in Fairhope for the night. Are there only a handful of hotels there and what does anyone out there recommend? Is the Salvage place worth the visit? (I live in Tallahassee)

Mobile
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Fairhope

Offhand, I can't think of a hotel in Fairhope. There are some nice bed and breakfast places, seems like one may be called the Fairhope Inn (check on bbonline.com). As for hotels, Daphne is only a 20 minute drive from Fairhope if the traffic on highway 98 isn't bad, and has a Hampton (some rooms with a nice bay view), a Hilton Garden Inn, and a Comfort Suites. I would select the Hampton I think, it's really nice for a Hampton.

Don't know a thing about the salvage place. Fairhope has a huge arts and crafts show in March, it's probably coming up in the next couple of weekends. Getting a room on the east side of Mobile Bay during that show might be tough. If your dates do line up with it though, it is definitely worth going to...hundreds of exhibitors selling some really neat stuff. Fairhope is top notch. A beautiful place.

orlando
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Fairhope

I stayed at Barons By The Bay Inn it was very reasonable and very clean.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Fairhope

I think Architectural Salvage is gone. I couldn't find a listing in the telephone book. Do you have a good address/tele #. I'll go by if you do.

Re Baron's--It has had a refurbishment in the last yr or two. I guess it really is a motel. It's location could not be better--steps away from the water and Gambinos--a great restaurant.

There are motels out on the highway- Key West Inn etc.

Now the Grand Hotel is a real HOTEL--Marroitt. Google it--a very nice place to stay!! Back after Katrina even better

Dave

FSU class of '65

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Fairhope

HI,

I will be in Fairhope in March of this year for the Arts & Crafts fair.

I wondered how recently you stayed at Barons?

It has gotten some very bad reviews.

It would be a perfect location, but, after reading the reviews, I don't know if I want to risk it.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Fairhope

As I only live a couple of blocks away I have never stayed there. It is older but they did some work on it a couple of years ago. It's location is so wonderful i would take a chance. ( I could not walk to the fair from there but it is doable)

If you need other help about your visit-just ask dave

6. Re: Hotels in Fairhope

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 23, 2009