We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

How would you travel from Natal to Manaus and back over Recife?

Specifically for World Cup games.

What are/is the best economical option? or what is a normal flight rate?

Thanks

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

going to the USA match in Manaus will be complicated, and who knows how much it will cost.

unless special flights are added (which we are supposed to find out in January only), there are no non-stops, so it takes at least 7:30 hours to go from Natal to Manaus. that is the best connection. many involve more than 10-hour trips.

Manaus back to Recife not much better, at least 6:30 hours.

some people will just stay put and watch the USA Manaus game from either Natal, Recife or a point in between (Pipa, for example)... and save all that airfare money and time...

or even try to catch another match in either Natal (Japan-Greece June 19) or Recife (Italy-Costa Rica June 20 or Mexico-Croatia June 23)

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

Dude, it will be expensive anyway. You might find a better deal going via Brasília (!!), you never know.

Sullivan's Island...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

Any idea how I can find out if special flights are added in January between Manaus and Recife?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
370 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

1. Check this space and the long "World Cup 2014...I know its early" thread as regularly as you can.

2. Run a search on Skyscanner, Kayak, or other Flight Aggregator every few days to see if prices come down. It doesn't take more than a minute or two.

If TAM, GOL, etc add flights, it will most likely be reported in the Brazilian press first. Some of the regular Brazilian posters on this site have been good about keeping us foreigners in the loop about that stuff.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

besides all points made by Stephen in #3, come January you can start visiting the websites for Brazilian airlines.

just like there is some announcement right now on their webpages about these potential schedule changes. there should be one once changes are indeed implemented.

just dont expect it to be there Jan.1.

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

I ran a search the other day through the multi-leg option in Kayak for DC - Natal - Manaus - Recife - DC, and got a price of about $2500. (None of the flights were anything close to direct, and the time wasted would be another issue.) But $2500 honestly isn't THAT bad, as some of my friends paid almost $2000 just for the single round trip to Brazil, and I've heard that a roundtrip to Manaus from in-country will run about $800. As someone has suggested, with Kayak you can have them send you alerts, which I would highly recommend.

I'm going on a package that will most likely have us "based" out of Recife, and I'm guessing that we'll bus up to Natal (about 4 hours by bus), and then just make a short trip to Manaus. I'd much MUCH prefer to spend more time in Manaus, so I'm playing with the idea of dropping out of the trip and going it on my own.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

Yeah. I was wondering too. I am traveling solo and have US tix through the quarterfinals. I have no issues with buses or boats, just need to know how long and how reliable. I don't want to miss Ronaldo. Not in Brazil live!

I'll keep checking and I have asked some friends who live in South America so will keep you posted if I learn anything.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

I booked all my trips separately, one way. Was cheaper after hours of research. Not by a mile, but cheaper. I am going Denver to Rio, Rio to Natal, Natal to Manaus, Manaus to Recife, Recife to Denver. All for about $3000 each. Not bad at all, IMO. Can't miss USA vs. Portugal in Manaus if you have tickets! A chance to spend a few days in the Amazon as well? I'm so happy we're playing there!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

What website did you use? If you don't mind me asking. I need to go from LA to Natal/Natal to Manaus/ Manaus to Recife/Recife to LA.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Options traveling from Natal to Manaus and back to Recife

I used Kayak to search and Expedia, but booked on Delta, Kayak, and Expedia.