We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

Davao City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

Hi! I will be visiting Kolkata on March 2014 , and I was hoping to get some help from fellow travellers and Local residents re my inquiries below. I am a solo traveller.

1. Will there be a bus travelling from the International Airport (Terminal 2) to the nearest Metro Station. ( Dumdum Jn. ?) Or if Taxi is a better option, how much would it cost? Or is there like a shared taxi / tourist bus at the airport that could bring us to at least park street or esplanade ?

2. I will be arriving at around 2 am in the morning from Kuala Lumpur... Is it ok if I just stay at the airport for a few hours till morning comes ?

3. What would be the weather like around mid March in India? So that i can bring appropriate clothes.

Hope you don't mind me asking a lot of questions. =)

Calcutta Photo Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Photography Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Kolkata Trips
Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Sundarban Chalo
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

Dear Jose,

Please also wait for others to respond to your query. But my two cents worth of advise is here:

Since you are arriving at 2am in the morning I will recommend that you take a prepaid taxi. Other public transport are either not available or may not be that safe. Even if you are a solo traveller it will be good to get a fellow tourist with you to Park Street on the pre paid cab. Tell the cab person not to take the road through Rajarhat to CBD at those times of the day.

Weather will be pleasant to summer-like in March. If it is late March then it will be hot. Are you planning to travel to the Himalayas? If yes, please pack in some jackets as it will be pleasantly cold.

Hope this helps and have a good trip.

RayP

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

iamjosemanuel

Stay at the airport and do not venture out at 2am. You can take a prepaid at 6-7 in the morning.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

1. If your flight is reaching at 2 am, you will be through immigration / customs / luggage by around 2.30 to 3.00. At that time you will not get Bus at Airport or Metro from Dum Dum. I would suggest that you wait till about 5 - 530 and then take pre paid taxi straight from Airport to your destination at Park Street. There's one run by a Police Dept, and you can take their service. No Bus or Metro at those hours.

2. Covered in point 1.

3. it will be anything between pleasant to slightly warm. You will need light clothes (preferably cotton) while out in the sun. Mornings and evenings will be pleasant .. more or less.

Hope you have a great time in this interesting City of Calcutta.

12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

Hi,

Our flight from malaysia arrive in kolkata CCU in 1am and the connecting flight to delhi at 7am. Can we sleep at airport?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
65 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

You will get not more than 3 hrs to sleep. There will be enough place for you to sit and and take a small nap. I would suggest to sleep in the flight itself, else you may miss the connecting flight.

6. Re: Kolkata Airport to City Center on March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)