We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bhubaneswar, India
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

I am reaching Calcutta airport at 9:30 pm and I will be having my train from howrah at 11:30 pm. on next fortnight.

Can any one advice me which will be the best route for me.

CCU-Howrah(by taxi)

CCU-Sealdah-Hwh

CCU-Dumdum-Sealdah-howrah

Luggages will be minimal.

Thanks in advance!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
336 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

If you take a pre paid taxi from the arrivals hall in Kolkata airport then you will not need to worry about the route as taxi driver will take the shortest and quickest route. Depending on the time of the day it could either be via north kolkata (early morning) or south kolkata (during day time).

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

The taxi driver will know best. But if I was driving at night, I'd take this route - Airport - Rajarhat - Bypass - Science City - Park Circus - AJC Bose Flyover - Race Course - Strand Road - Howrah Bridge - Howrah Station.

Slightly long route, but it'll be empty. Rajarhat is mostly always empty, AJC Bose Flyover will be a breeze, Race Course is a pleasure to drive through.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

It will be 9.45pm by the time you come out of Airport, Take a Cab and take the route as follows:

Airport - VIP Road, Ultadanga - Phool bagan- Girishpark- M.G. Road- Howrah Bridge and station as in the night you will get free flow in traffic as you can not take the risk.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

The best and shortest route would by Belgharia Express Way. Take a cab from airport and ask the driver to drop you at Bally Halt station. You can get suburban train from Bally halt to Howrah station. A cab would take around 25 min to reach Bally Halt station from Airport via Belgharia Expressway. It would take around 20 min to reach Howrah station from Bally Halt by train.

If you don't get a cab from Airport, just come out to main road and you would get buses and cabs from Airport Gate 1.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
61 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

The best way is : Airport Terminal--> Airport 1 no gate--> Nagerbajar--> Chiriamore-->take the lock gate road. That is the shortest way.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

I second Abhishek Sinha. This is the shortest route for CCU-HWH. It would take hardly 25-30 minutes.

Route 1: Take a cab to Bally Halt Station and then Howrah bound local would be cheaper option but it will take min 1hour - 1hour 15 mins.

Route 2 : Airport - VIP Road, Ultadanga - Phool bagan- Girishpark- M.G. Road- Howrah Bridge and station. In this route you would encounter all the famous Jams in Kolkata.:-) ...

7. Re: Best route from Calcutta Airport to Howrah station!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)