We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Salt Lake City

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Salt Lake City

Hi everyone - I'll be visiting Kolkata for four days in mid-September and have booked a hotel in Salt Lake City (Emerald Residency). Is this area easily accessible to the middle of the city by bus or train? Could you recommend any sights around the area for me to check out? Finally, is it easy to get to the airport from there?

Thanks!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Salt Lake City

Hi Fairbrazen

Salt Lake Area is little far not much from the central area. If you have work near the central area then i would suggest to go for hotels nearby. There are lot of option. This will cut short your travelling time.

Sanchit

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,341 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Salt Lake City

Hi,

The Emerald Residency is in a good location, near to City Centre Mall. There will be taxis available in walking distance, and a ride into the heart of the city takes about 20-30 minutes. City Centre Mall also has a lot of eating options, so I'd say its a good choice of accommodation. Good luck and enjoy our city.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Salt Lake City

Depending on what you want to do...salt lake is a little far from the 'old' Kolkata attractions as it is a newer part of the city!

4. Re: Staying in Salt Lake City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 13, 2014