We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation planning from kolkata

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
46 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
vacation planning from kolkata

Please suggest a nice place for a 3-4 night vacation from Kolkata in Dec. We were thinking, Bangkok, Darjeeling, or even any local place in West Bengal. Travelling with friends and kids. No high mountains. Have sickness. Some place nice. Its a occasion.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

Why not try Mandarmoni ? Its beautiful, kids will enjoy the seaside.

If you have the budget, try Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Take the Air Asia flight. Take the kids to Genting highlands and Sunway Lagoon.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

3/4 nights is bit long for Mondarmoni and bit short for Malaysia/Thailand.

My suggestion would be -

2 nights - Mondarmoni

3/4 nights + - Gangtok/Changu (by Air - budget permitting)

5/6 nights + - Thailand/Malaysia (budget permitting)

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,071 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

SuBanKolkata

Options :

1. Kolkata > Bagdogra - Kolakham 2 nts and Tinchuley 2 nts. Get unspoilt nature and mesmerizing view of Kanchendzonga.

2. Fly Kolkata > Phuket 2nts > Chiangmai 2nts > Kolkata.

Edited: 3:48 am, August 12, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
46 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

Thanks. Gangtok , actually north bengal is probably questionable now. Malaysia .... will have to check the cost. Thanks everyone. Mandarmoni we have been.

Edited: 6:32 am, August 12, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

Hi Suban

You can go for Bangkok or Pattaya for 3nights or 4 nights. If you have 4 Nights just go for 2N in Bangkok and 2N in Pattaya lots of things are there to explore. Lots of kids attraction also in Bangkok.

Cheers

Sanchit

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
46 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

Thanks Sanchit. Waiting for makemytrip to give us an estimated cost for travel to Bangkok and pattaya. Any other travel agents anyone can reccomend

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

Hi Suban

Why you need make my trip for Thailand trip. I have done it on my own many times. Just Book the tickets to and fro and explore the city and beach. Everything in on net and Thailand is very easy to move around. I can provide you every information about the two place but first of all make up your mind that you want to go to Thailand or not.

Cheers

Sanchit

8. Re: vacation planning from kolkata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 15, 2014