We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places like Olypub to hangout

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Places like Olypub to hangout

Please suggest me some place like Olypub with cheap alcohol and good food..

Thanks

Niharika

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Niharika
Hotel Niharika
191 Reviews
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

Nothing is cheap now a days. Park Street restaurants are almost same. Liquor prices have increased a lot in last 1-2 years. But you can try out Bar B Q down section not the upper section the prices are a bit down. The portion of food items is also much more than others so if in a group of 3-4 then food prices will also be less.

Cheers

Sanchit

Mentioned in this post
Park Street
Park Street
1,755 Reviews
Bar-B-Q
Bar-B-Q
1,231 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

hey thanks Sanchit.But by cheap i meant reasonable rates as they are in Olypub.and the ambience taht reminds of college days.So some pub like that.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

If you are a beer lover then try out the pitcher at someplace else in Park Hotel. Ambiance is great.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

I think the best place that suits your requirements is Olypub.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

Thanks..i have been to olypub 3 4 times now..n i think i am gonna head back there again

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

enjoy

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

There's no other place like Olypub in terms of price and ambience. It's one of its kind .. a cafe like ambience and cheaper alcohol.

The nearest I can think of (in terms of price) is some smaller joints in China Town, where you can buy alcohol by bottle, and that way it comes cheaper. Food is pretty alright as well. But then, the ambience is not that of a cafe'. There are family sections in some of those restaurants, where one can sit only with female company. For a change you may try that.

8. Re: Places like Olypub to hangout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 26, 2014