We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near metro station

Chennai (Madras...
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near metro station

Hello, I am planning to be in Kolkata for a few days in Feb 2011. I am looking for a hotel within walking distance of a Metro station in the city and my budget is around Rs 5000 per night. Please let me know some good options ... thanks.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near metro station

There are so many stations in the total metro stretch, which station you mean? Let me know the exact area or name of the metro station. I assure, you'll get a good hotel within 2 km from the station and within your budget.

Edited: 4:03 am, October 28, 2010
Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
245 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near metro station

Hotel Oberoi Grand and Peerless Inn are within walking distance of Esplanade metro station. The Park hotel is within walking distance of Park Street metro station.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near metro station

In that budget the Peerless Inn as suggested by NewSanta is a central and good option. The Oberoi is well beyond your budget. So is the Park Hotel I think.

Edited: 1:38 pm, October 28, 2010
Chennai (Madras...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near metro station

I was looking at the Esplanade area or nearby. I am looking for a place from where I could walk to the Metro station. I will check out the Peerless. Any other suggestions are welcome ... thanks a lot!

Chennai (Madras...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near metro station

I was looking at the Esplanade area or nearby. I checked the rates online at the Peerless Inn - including tax it came to a little over Rs. 7000. Any other suggestions are welcome ... thanks a lot!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near metro station

If you can manage with a little less luxury, try the Hotel Himalaya near the CR Avenue and MG Road crossing right next to MG Road Metro station. Only Veg food though, and its not a star hotel. Will cost you about 2500 per night for an AC Deluxe room.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near metro station

You may check the following hotels : Hotel Ruttdeen, Hotel Victerrace, Hotel Lindsay, Senetor Hotel. Those are within 2 kms from Maidan Metro Station. and within your budget.

Edited: 3:11 am, October 29, 2010
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near metro station

Dear AshisRoy, as far as I know Hotel RuttDeen is closed for renovation and has not opened again yet. Do you have any further information as to if it has reopened ?

And I would suggest to avoid Hotel Vic Terrace. Its a terrible hotel, dirty and dingy. I have seen the rooms.

Hotel Lindsay is ok though. Its a suitable option if one has to stay in New Market area. But watch the billing. A friend of mine had complaints.

Edited: 3:22 am, October 29, 2010
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels near metro station

I'll check about the updated information of Ruttdeen, Senetor is deffinitely a better option, its from P.C.Chandra group. Another is Golden Park.

Edited: 4:39 am, October 29, 2010
Chennai (Madras...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels near metro station

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)