We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Need to spend a night near Kolkata airport to catch early morning flight next day.

Kindly suggest a few places nearby.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Whats your budget ?

Hotel O2, 5 min drive from airport. Upper medium budget. I'd say you will get a decent room in the $ 60 - 70 range or upwards.

Hotel Kings Crown is also in the area, but lower budget and quality.

A 15 min drive along VIP Road and you can find Host International and a few others, not bad, nothing special.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Just one word of advice, to secure a room, get there early.

On one fateful night, my Delhi-Kolkata spicejet flight got delayed by two hours and I had a harrowing time in finding a room for the night, I was sitting in a pedal rickshaw and searching for rooms in the lanes of a seedy looking locality, ultimately I had to settle for a very tiny and not so clean room. I do not remember the hotel name, but it was on right side from airport exit.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

There are several small hotels along VIP Road that cater to mostly low budget tourists, KY. You should have booked into Kings Crown or Host. Slightly more decent than the general lot in the area, but not by very much I should add. Hotel O2 is a new addition with a bit more class.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Right ! Actually I had some work at Harish Mukherjee Street and I was thinking that I'll get down at 10 PM and will take a taxi to the main city itself, but I ended up landing at 12:30 in the dead of night, So I had to settle for this place, this place was on main road itself and the boundary wall of airport was just across the road. I somehow survived !

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Thanks guys.....

i was wondering if the Netaji international terminal has any accomodation facilities for overnight stay.

If yes, i would much prefer to spend the night in the airport itself.....

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

Nope, don't do it. Easier to go to the O2 and refresh yourself. The terminal is not so well equipped, its basic. You could spend the night but it wouldnt be very comfortable.

7. Re: Hotel for overnight stay near Netaji International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, November 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)