We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch at Oh Calcutta in Kolkata

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch at Oh Calcutta in Kolkata

Thanks to brave1's suggestion, my wife and I got to eat an outstanding ethnic Bengali lunch at their flagship restaurant at Silver Springs enroute to the airport a couple of weeks. They have a set menu, with starters, the main course, accompaniments and desert. Each of these has options-such as veg, fish/prawns, meat.

The ambience was excellent and so was the service. The choice deserts was either mishti doi, sandesh or, my pick, a speciality "nolen gurer"( sp?) icecream which they said they have developed and is not available elsewhere-it was really super.

Highly recommended

Cost? Rs 800 for the two of us.

I have tried their restaurant in Nehru Place in Delhi which is also excellent, but the one opened recently in Bangalore is below par.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,351 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch at Oh Calcutta in Kolkata

Glad you enjoyed it gjo, but I'm afraid its getting too popular. I can hardly find a free table at lunch these days. Time to put in some ugly reviews, me thinks. :)

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch at Oh Calcutta in Kolkata

There goes my visit to Oh Calcutta in Bangalore, then :( I had noted their opening there on a recent trip and had planned to visit on a future trip.

I like the group's Mainland China in Bangalore.

I am happy to report that the Oh Calcutta at Tardeo, Mumbai is very, very good.

Next week, we are having a holiday of sorts at home, when I hope to visit several restaurants here. I am hoping the family agrees to one trip to Oh Calcutta. Love Bong food a little too much. It was my undoing during my Cal years!

3. Re: Lunch at Oh Calcutta in Kolkata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 22, 2009