We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels/guest houses

Manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
hotels/guest houses

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I begin 2 months travelling India next month. We're landing in Kolkata very early on the 5th October and would welcome advice on a fairly central hotel where we could find our bearings for the first couple of days.

We then head to Darjeeling from there - is the 'toy train' still running? Where does that go from? Feeling confused with all the information i keep finding!

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,393 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels/guest houses

Hi,

Just go through the old posts in this forum, a lot of hotels have been discussed at length. Look at my recommendations for hotels in Sudder Street. If you want upscale hotels, let me know and I will recommend some as well.

The info you are looking for about Darjeeling has also been discussed at length in the Darjeeling forum. Please browse through the darjeeling forum, and if you still have questions after that, I'll be happy to answer them.

Manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels/guest houses

Thanks for your advice- Astoria looks convenient. If we were looking to spend a bit more where would you recommend that's still fairly central?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,393 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels/guest houses

I thought I had already responded to your msg by pm on this same subject, so please check the same.

We can either continue this discussion on the forum or by PM, doesn't make sense to continue it on both.

4. Re: hotels/guest houses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 06, 2009