We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhaktapur to Kakarbitta to Darjeeling

Toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bhaktapur to Kakarbitta to Darjeeling

I will be taking a plane from Kathmandu to Bhaktapur. From there I don't know how to get from Bhaktapur to Kakarbitta and then on to Darjeeling. Can I take a taxi the entire journey? Do I have to change taxis at the border of Nepal and India. Has anyone taken this route and can give me information on how this trip worked for you?I'm not interested in crowed bus travel!

new york
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhaktapur to Kakarbitta to Darjeeling

No problems mate, i have been there done that so let me help.

Kathmandu to Bhaktapur(or is it Badrapur, kinda confusd) is approximately a 45 mnts flight and there are a number of carriers. From there it is approximately 1 hr to Kakarvita but you dont need to go there if you are going to Darjeeling directly. You can go to Darjeeling through another border area called Pashupati which is closer to Darjeeling. As for the taxi, if you are taking a reserved taxi then you dont need to change taxi at the border. My advice book the taxi in advance from a hotel or travel agent. I stayed at Hotel Seven seventeen and they planned my whole trip around Darjeeling and sikkim. The owners of the place are Tibetans and they are now my good friends because they made my trip there worthwhile. Their website www,hotel717.com. Hope I was of help.

2. Re: Bhaktapur to Kakarbitta to Darjeeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 20, 2009