We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

Hi

We are planning to visit gangtok in first week of Oct for 7 days. We are 2 families with 2 yr & 4 yr kids. My questions are

1. Need the suggestion on itinerary. Plan is 3 nights in gangtok-1 in pelling - 2 in darjeeling.

2. Also is it good time to visit gangtok ? Howz weather during that period.

3. should we visit North sikkim rather than pelling ?

4. I have heard that we will not be able to get the permit to visit Nathula pass with kids.

5. Is there anything specific we should avoid or watch out for?

Pls suggest

Thanks

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
15,788 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

Hi

You may plan as

Day 1 NJP to Gangtok,Evening at MG Marg,O/N Gangtok

Day 2 Gangtok sight seeing,O/N Gangtok

Day 3 Tsongo lake tour,O/N Gangtok

Day 4 Gangtok to Pelling Via Namchi,O/N Pelling

Day 5 Pelling sight seeing,O/N Pelling

Day 6 Pelling to Darjeeling Transfer,Sight seeing,O/N Darjeeling

Day 7 Early morning tiger hill,Toy train joy ride then transfer to NJP as per train schedule.

Oct is on of the best time to visit Sikkim.As you are visiting with small kids i would suggest you to skip north sikkim and go for gangtok,pelling and darjeeling.Simillarly i wont suggest nathula with 2 year kids.Just visit tsongo lake.

Thanx

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
38,429 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

Suggestive itinerary -

Day1 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok. Stroll around M.G.Marg

Day2 Gangtok. – half day trip to Tsomgo Lake.

Day3 To Pelling via Temi Tea Garden, Sandruptse, Namchi.

Day4 Pelling - Rimbi Waterfalls, Kanchenjunga Water Falls, Khecheopalri Lake. Pemayangtse Monastery, Rubduntse Palace Ruins.

Day5 Pelling to Darjeeling, after check-in to hotel - Peace Pagoda, Zoo, HMI, Tea Garden.

Day6 Darjeeling - Toy Train ride, Ropeway ride, afternoon – shopping or roaming around the Mall area.

Day7 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery followed by return journey.

Edited: 1:25 pm, July 25, 2014
New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

thanks Ashish for the info.. My plan has changed and now i m visiting for 7 nights and 8 days. can you suggest me the itnerary. and again do u think we should not plan nathula with 2 yrs kid.

Also i m thinking of hotel in upper sichey gangtok which is Crown Resindency.. how far is this from MG road. do u think we should look for the hotel on MG road only. kindly suggest.

Edited: 1:11 am, August 13, 2014
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
38,429 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

May add one day in Gangtok for local s/s. Nathula was not suggested considering the child. May select hotel close to M.G.Marg.

Edited: 2:22 am, August 13, 2014
New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

thanks ashish.. ur suggestions will help me a lot

Sikkim, India
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

Aarav304551,

october is a very good time to visit these places..

have recently read bad reviews about the hotel you have mentioned in the above post.you may have a look at it in the goibibo website...

for hassle free travel it is advised you make your bookings(lodging&travel) well in advance..

thank you and regards

Edited: 9:47 am, September 19, 2014
7. Re: Is it good time to visit Gangtok in Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 21, 2015