We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singrauli, India
10 posts
Save Topic
Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

I am visiting with my wife, and want to keep the trip on a romantic note. So, please suggest any addition/deletion in the following itnerary (last week of May):

Day 01 (Saturday): Reach Darjeeling by evening (5-6pm), check into a hotel.

Day 02: Tiger Hill (04:00am) - Ghoom Monastery - Batasia Loop. Himalayan Mountaineering Institute - P. N. Zoological Park - Tenzing Rock - Tea Garden - Ropeway - Japanese Temple.

Day 03: Joy Ride (Toy train) at 08:00am - Drive to Pelling - Check into a hotel. // Shall I include Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center here (before leaving Darjeeling), or delete it? Also, a friend lives in Soreng. So, can we somehow meet the friend, without disrupting the tour?

Day 04: Darap Village - Rimbi Waterfalls - Sewaro Rock Garden - Khecheopalri Lake - Khangchendzongha Waterfalls - Pemayangtse Monastery - Rabdantse Ruins - New Helipad Ground.

Day 05: Start from Pelling - Siddheshwar Dham (Chardham) in Namchi - Samdruptse - Temi Tea Garden - Reach Gangtok - Check into a hotel.

Day 06: Tsomgo Lake - Baba Mandir.

Day 07: Drive back to NJP (positively by 16:00 hrs) for onward journey. // Is it possible to get a helicopter ride from Gangtok to Bagdogra? I called STDC for booking, they noted name & date & time but said confirmation of the booking can be said only 1-2 days prior to the travel.

Is this plan okay? Or do I need to make changes? Are there lot of things in the itinerary, considering that we want it to be a romantic tour?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Yes you can get Helicopter from Gangtok to Bagdogra charges are 3k to 5k I think.

Second I didn't liked Darjeeling it's crowded people are very rude and drunkers and nothing to go there.

Second Gangtok is place where you may get bore because everyspot may take 1 hr to travel.

I wasted money now it's up to you

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Hi Saket Sharma

If you are planning to go to for a romantic tour then North Sikkim will be the best. Lachen Lachung - they have excellent scenic beauty which you will thoroughly enjoy.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

saketsharma ..

your plan is ok ....

but as you mentioned you want to meet your friend at soreng .. than i suggest stay at Kaluk . kaluk is the most romantic place across Pelling and west sikkim zone. stay ay ghondey village resort or mandarin village resort at kaluk . sure your wife will love it and according to me it is your best stay around the tour ..

now the question - why mention kaluk .

1 ) when you start from Darjeeling to pelling - The route is Darjeeling - Jorethang - Pelling.

if you go to Pelling via Klauk the route is - Darjeeling - Jorethang - Soreng- Rinchenpong - Kaluk - Dentam - Pelling .

2) - Kaluk - Pelling distance is 32 km .

3) Klauk is the only place at west sikkim which attract 180 degree view of Kanchanjunga and other peak .

Make your tour plan this way -

Day three -Darjeeling to Kaluk via Jorethang . Overnight Kaluk .

Day Four - Wake up in the morning - After breakfast sightseeing to Singhsore Bridge - Srijunga Falls- Dharap village - Kanchanjunga falls - Rimbi Falls- . afternoon Visit Pemayangtsee Monastry. Rabdantse Residency . Return To Kaluk or Overnight Pelling .

Day Five - If Pelling Than Morning visit to Pemayntsee Monastry . after late breakfast Leave hotel and go to Namchi Via ravangla. Ravangla sightseeing and transfer to Namchi . overnight Nmachi .

or

If Kaluk Than go to Ravangla/Namchi Via Jorethang . (It will save your time ) . In that case You first visit Namchi , Than Ravangla and Than stay at Borong (Distance from Ravangla 16 Km and from Namchi 34 km) . Overnight At Wildflower retreat borong if you budget , if Luxury Club 8000.

RAIPUR
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

SAKET we have just returned from Sikkim trip at Pelling if possible visit singshor bridge for natural scenic beauty and do have plan for Gurudongmar Lake at Lachen in north sikkim it's a tiring journey but the best part of whole sikkim. You wont get very good food n hotel there so be ready for that.

Singrauli, India
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Thanx a lot to all for their valuable suggestions.

@ priyankdelhi1987

Oops... a little late for that. Already made up mind and made bookings.. let's see how it goes!

@ RajaniDNTT

I also wanted a lot to visit Lachung (the valley and the zero point), but people voted against it -- saying oxygen level is low there and accomodation may not be quite good if we don't go for high end hotels. Nevertheless, next time, for sure! :)

@ dipans2008

Hadn't heard about Kaluk! Hard luck for us. This time we have already made the plans. Little changes would be acceptable.. but we don't think any major changes would be admissible, as hotel bookings have already been made. Next time, for sure.. Lachung and Kaluk.

Singrauli, India
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Thanx @ NUPURPARGANIHA...

There are 2 Singhshore Bridge in East Sikkim (on Google Map).. 1. Singhshore Bridge Bungee Jumping (North-West of Pelling); 2. Singhshore Bridge (in Begha, South-West of Pelling). Which one are you referring to?

If you are referring to 1st one (Bungee Jumping one), will sure include Singshore Bridge. In any way, we were going till Khangchendzongha Waterfalls.. we will go ahead 2 kms more.. :)

But, if you were referring to 2nd one (Begha one), then we will have to re-negotiate with the package-provider.

Seriously, I too wanted to go to Lachen-Lachung (North Sikkim). But, (i) can't extend the tour anymore; (ii) heard, oxygen insufficiency may have an effect; (iii) hotels won't be at par; (iv) most importantly, would be planning again in Feb-March sometime.. so, that abundant snow would be there -- which would be missing in May end.

Singrauli, India
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

@ NUPURPARGANIHA, RajaniDNTT, dipans2008

What are your comments on the following?

On Day 03, after toy train ride (08:00am - 10:00am), we start off for Pelling. But we take a de-tour. We go to Siddheshwar Dham (Chardham) & Samdruptse enroute to Pelling.

And, on Day 05, starting off from Pelling to Gangtok... we go via Ravangla & Temi Tea Garden or via Ravangla & Yangang.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

saketsharma ,

Do one thing ask your car driver transfer pelling via kaluk .. in that way you can meet your friend at soreng . otherwise request your friend to come up at jorethang and meet with you ..

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Hi SaketSharma

If you like to meet your friend go via kaluk.

Again your initial plan is ok.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seeking suggestions for a trip to Darjeeling-Pelling-Gagtok

Saketsharma ,

Yangang ? though it is on south sikkim but it falls under Different route . It goes enroute to Phalidhara