We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kurukshetra, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

We ( 2 families , with 2 adults and 2 kids per family) plan to reach by plane on 16/3/14 in afternoon at bagdogra. go direct to Darjeeling. spend 3 nights at Darjeeling for local and outer Darjeeling s/s. go to Gangtok on 19th morn. 20 th morn to north Sikkim and stay at some point in north. 21 st morn start back to Gangtok. spend night at Gangtok. 22nd morn to go either east or south Sikkim and stay overnite at that point. 23 rd to come back to NJP via visiting sight seeing so to reach NJP by eve. take 24th morn back train to Delhi.

My queries: 1. Is it the right plan or we need to make changes accord to ur opinions.? 2. What are the best scenic places to stay at in Darjeeling , where mkt is also close along with taxi stand ? i wish to have budget hotel only without spending much( 800 to 1500 per room / day) 3. What are the best places to stay at in Gangtok NEAR MALL or at place which offer scenic view within small budget ( 800 to 1500 per room / day) 4. What is Kalipipong place ? Can we cover it in our planned trip or we need to alter the plan to see it..

THXS in advance !!

Kurukshetra, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

please help to know the kind of clothing we should keep for travel to darjeeling , gangtok , north and south sikkim travel and stay for trip from 16 th march to 24 th march ' 2014 ? Also, do we need to bring umbrellas during that season ? thxs !

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Hi guptapankaj22

Make sure you carry heavy wollens as N/Sikkim would be cold. You can carry umbrellas and use them if there is snowfall in N/Sikkim.

My sugestive itenary would be

Day 1 16M - Bagdogra to Darjelling. Overnight at Darjelling.

Day 2 17M - S/S at darjelling. Overnight at Darjelling.

Day 3 18M - Tiger hill and toy train ride. Darjelling to Gangtok.

Day 4 19M - Gangtok to Tsongmo Lake/nathula(if possible) and baba mandir (Old and new). Overnight at Gangtok.

Day 5 20M - Gangtok to lachung. Overnight at Lachung.

Day 6 21M - Lachung to Lachen. Overnight at lachen.

Day 7 22M - Lachen to mangan. Overnight at mangan.

Day 8 23M - Visit to singhik. Mangan to NJP via Singtam.

Day 9 24M - NJP departure.

At darjelling you can choose your hotel nearby the mall area. make sure your hotel has running water and has geyser. Kalimpong would not be done in this plan.

Kurukshetra, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Thank u so much Arijit12 for taking out ur precious time to answer my much needed queries. cant thank u enough for the changes made by u for day 5 to 8 as i was slightly skeptical about these days only. One doubt here is MIssing on to gangtok local mall time spending . and also at some places u have talked about CHOPTA VALLEY abd YUNTHANG valley. Shall we miss it ? or they will be covered anyway on route oto Lachung etc. Leaving Kallipong is not an issue in this plan.

Overall, I am sure i will go by ur expert advice. Thxs a ton !

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Hi guptapankaj22

Its just my intention to make all travellers aware :). thanks for your wishes.

Local mall in darjelling is on MG Marg road. You can visit anyday when you are in Gangtok. You can doyour shopping at Lal Market (Thusday closed). Lal market has everything to offer that MG Marg has except it is fairly priced and cheap.

Yumthang and Chopta vally you can cover while enroute to N/Sikkim. Chopta valley would be extra chargeable. You can ask your driver when u reach N/Sikkim and bargain.

Kurukshetra, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

love your passion , bro , Arijit ! such help of yours really make lot of difference to travellers. lucky to be advised by u . thxs again !

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
10 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Hi,

I also need some information about Sikkim. I am travelling from Mumbai with wife. My tentative itinerary is as follows -

15 March - Arrive in Bagdogra at 11.30 AM - reach Darjelling on the same day. What is the cheapest & reliable way to reach darjeeling from bagdogra airport? 3 nights in Darjeeling.

18 March - Checkout from Hotel & reach Namchi enroute to Peling. One night in Peling. Reach Gangtok on 19 March. 3 nights in Gangtok.

22 March - Checkout from gangtok & reach bagdogra to catch flight scheduled in the afternoon.

Most important question is about travelling -

Do I compulsorily have to book a car for us or is public transportation available? Most of the people have advised me to book a dedicated car for the entire trip from bagdogra itself. Any suggestion as to reduce the cost of transportation?

Best Regards,

Nachiket

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
10,934 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Hi

No need to book a car in advance for whole tour.Taxis are easily available in all the places you are going.You can book them as per need.For transfer cheapest way is to use sharing sumo/balero/maxx which are used in public transport in sikkim.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

As suggested by rapat2604 a dedicated transport is unnecessary and will add to your cost. You can hire as when needed.

Kurukshetra, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

Mr Arijit12, Wanted your advice on some changes for day 7 and 8 suggested by u. Is it advisable to go to Gurudongmon lake from lachen and come back to Gangtok that evening itself ? and then on day 8 , do local sikkim sight seeing and reach NJP in evening.

or the original plan stated by u is based on more comfort and less tiring because we are having as little as aged 8 with us !

Thanks !

10. Re: Suggestions to make our trip (16th march to 24) complete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 12, 2015