We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

Hi,

I'm travelling with my girlfriend to India and we're a bit stuck on getting from Sikkim to Varanasi. I've had a look on cleartrip and make my trip and it doesn't seem very easy to do by train. In fact some of the suggestions I've seen are pretty complicated!

Granted that we'll have to go back to Darjeeling to start this journey but we're more than happy to make a 2/3 day direct journey out of it by car with/without a driver, or buses if there are some cool places to see on the way. Time is not an issue and we're not in a rush but we want to avoid going back to kolkata as we've already been there...

Grateful for your help!

Thanks

Baz & Gem

Muzaffarpur, India
Level Contributor
10,471 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

Hi

There are many direct train from NJP (nearest to sikkim) to mugalsarai.You can easily go.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

Hi

there are many direct trains from new jalpaiguri (NJP) to Varanasi junction (BSB).

http://erail.in/?S=NJPS::BCY:

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

hi

thanks very much for your reply!

Thats what we thought! but when following your link (arijit12) no trains come up, this also happens on clear trip and make my trip? its says no direct trains, are we trying to book trains too early?

or just doing something wrong?! are they not available yet? bit confused.....

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,688 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

baz_lokat

Log on indiarailinfo.com/search/…333 for the train information.

Edited: 5:20 am, January 21, 2014
5. Re: Sikkim - Varanasi Feb/Mar 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2015