We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Topic
Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

Hi,

I would be visiting Darjeeling on 1st of Jan and would be arriving at NJP Railway station by Darjeeling mail. Wanted to know the approximate charges for a car ( Bolero / Commander type ) from NJP station to Darjeeling and also what would be the charges for going via Mirik. Is there any reliable travel agent from which a car can be booked or one needs to get one from the station >

Thanks in advance ,

Surojit

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

Hi,

This site looks good. I have never booked, but i have reviews which says they are quite gud and we can make online bookings as well. Try it out may be.

http://www.darjeelingtaxis.com/

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

Hi esurojit

Shared taxi will cost you 200-250 and if you book a car it will be around 2200-2700.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

I am planning to a tour at Darjeeling from 09.10.14 to 14.10.14. for those days I want a hire small car from NJP station. Is it available ? please guide.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
15,788 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

Hi

You can get vehicle on the spot for sight seeing and transfer easily.I wont suggest to book in advance.

Thanx

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

thnks

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

Hi,

Totally different question, but I want to know if there is still a steam locamotive in operation between Darjeeling and Kurseong? I have heard it is now only a diesel train and only occasionally a steam train. Is this route worth doing, or is the trip from Darjeeling to Ghum better?

Many thanks,

Jacqui

7. Re: Car hiring charges from NJP Railway station to Darjeeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 16, 2016