Hello, this is Kaitav here from Vadodara, Gujarat. I am planning for my honeymoon trip in February, 2014 (between 8th and 20th, exact dates to be finalized shortly). I am thinking of around 7 to 8 days, excluding traveling/transportation time.
I have a few questions regarding it:
1) I browsed the forums and saw that it is safe to travel to Darjeeling now, but could anyone please reconfirm it?
2) Is February a good month to visit Darjeeling/Gangtok? I would like to witness snow/snowfall while also enjoy some sightseeing during the trip.
3) Is it enjoyable to visit Changu Lake (and other lakes) in Feb? I mean does it have tourists during Feb?
4) Any recommendations for best hotels in these places? My requirements are: Excellent rooms (with nice beds), good hygiene and staff, decent food, and located at a place from which we can walk to some nearby places.
5) Is it possible to get such a hotel in 3000 to 5000 Rs./ night?
6) One of the main reasons for selecting Darjeeling is the Toy train ride. Could you please the best option for it and also whether the toy trains would be functional in February?
I came to know that the NJP to Darjeeling route is unfortunately disrupted and the train now runs at a shorter route from Kurseong. Is it still enjoyable or is there any other toy train option?
7) Probably not the right forum to ask, but do you have any other (better) suggestions for honeymoon in February? I am also thinking of:
However, I am little afraid being unsure of the climatic conditions. As per my research on internet, these places will be extremely cold in Feb. Will sightseeing and stay be enjoyable in these places?
Seems like I have asked too many questions, but I would really appreciate your comments and suggestions on any of the questions, if not all.
Thank you in advance.
KaitavEdited: 8:31 am, November 24, 2013