We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Hi, I and my wife are planning for a 6-7 day trip from Mumbai to Darjeeling during 1st week of Dec.'13.I have following queries :

1. Is it safe to travel to Darjeeling and nearby places during this period ?

2. I am planning to visit Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok.Can you suggest a proper iternary for the same?

3. Can you also help me with suggestions on hotels (Veg food), transport and places to visit? The budget is around 25-30k.

Thanks in advance !

Kolkata
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Thanks Asish da,

We will spend that day in Gangtok.

Can you please let me know the approx fare of the cars for following destination? We are 8 people.

NJP - Gangtok

Gangtok - Tsongmo lake and back

Gangtok - Local s/s

Gangtok - pelling

Pelling sightseeing

Pelling to Darjeeling

Darjeeling local s/s

Darjeeling to NJP

Also, what will be standard hotel cost during this time? Is it necessary to book hotels now? OR it can be possile on spot.

Thanks,

Saikat

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Saikat

Transport (Sumo) charge for the entire itinerary would be Rs.25000 approx.

May try Aonla, Nirvana Residency, Donkheala, Soyang, Golden Pagoda, Doma Residency, Rendezvous in Gangtok.

Himalayan Hideaway, Norbu Ghang Resort, Rabdentse Residency, Phamrong Hotel, Newa Regency, Pemaling Hotel, De Regency in Pelling.

Hotel Dekeling, Sunflower, Sangrila Regency, Bellevue Hotel, Allice Villa in Darjeeling.

Edited: 2:13 am, November 25, 2013
Kolkata
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Hello Ashish da,

Sorry for my late response. For the car, would you suggest to book it from NJP-NJP or it will be better to take it separately for each program?

Which is advisable and cheaper? Since we are 8, shared car or exclusive car will not make any difference.

Thanks

Saikat

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

saikat1986

Hire the cab as and when needed. Because, Gangtok local s/s, Pelling s/s and Darjeeling s/s to be done by local vehicles of the respective places.

Edited: 10:04 pm, November 26, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Thanks Mr. Ashis. We went as per our guidance and trip turnout to be very pleasant and memorable.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

Thanks Navneet for the feedback.

Edited: 11:04 am, December 07, 2013
17. Re: Trip to Darjeeling, Peling and Gangtok - 1st week of Dec'13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 09, 2014