We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT help needed..please guys ...!

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delhi
6 posts
Save Topic
URGENT help needed..please guys ...!

HI Guys,

I would need your help in deciding my Itinerary as I am a little confused.

I was planning to visit both Gangtok and Darjeeling but lately found out that there is some issue out there regarding Gorkha movement, should I avoid going there ? my Travel dates are between 4th Nov to 10th Nov.

Also, Most importantly, I really wanna visit Gurudongmare Lake, How to plan my Itinerary including this? Is it fine to make a plan a trip to this lake considering My parents and a 2 yrs old kid would be along with me?

My Current Status as far as bookings are concerned >

Reaching 4th Nov Night @ New Jalpaiguri @ 12 Midnight (What should I do after reaching in night , should I book a hotel in NJP? and start early morning to Gangtok?)

- On 5th I have a booking in Gangtok Hotel so I need to be there for sure.

- 6th Nov No booking done yet

- 7th Nov No booking done yet

- 8th Nov No booking done yet

- 9th Nov No booking done yet

- 10th Nov have a flight to catch from Bagdogra @ 2pm

Could you please suggest me how to plan my tour? Would appreciate an early response ...

Thank you !!

Rohit

Delhi

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT help needed..please guys ...!

Hi Rohit G,

I personally always prefer Sikkim to Darjeeling. Presently tourists have started visiting Darjeeling but very few in number due to unrest there.

Gurudongmar lake is located at a very high altitude in north Sikkim. I would suggest you to consult with a doctor regarding your parents (if they are senior citizens) before you move ahead. If precautions are taken, there won't be any problem. People generally suffer from high altitude sickness. I always suggest tourists to spend a couple of days in Gangtok city before they go up to heights like Gurudongmar in north Sikkim and day trips to Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir and Nathula Pass.

The itinerary can be:

4th Nov: Reach NJP @12 night and spend the night in waiting room in station.

5th Nov: Set off for Gangtok early in the morning. Get shared taxi from the prepaid taxi booth just outside NJP station. Check in hotel in Gangtok, stroll in MG Marg, O/N stay

6th Nov: Go for Gangtok city sightseeing (7 points), O/N stay

7th Nov: Go for north Sikkim package tour on 2 nights - 3 days trip. Set off for Lachen and O/N stay

8th Nov: Visit Gurudongmar lake, Chopta Valley and reach Lachung, O/N stay

9th Nov: Visit Yumthang Valley, Zero Point and return to Gangtok hotel, O/N stay

10th Nov: Leave Gangtok early in the morning and reach Bagdogra airport

Make sure your parents do not have any breathing problem and consult with a doctor for precautions. If they are capable to visit heights of north Sikkim, I would suggest you to visit Gangtok and Pelling.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

2. Re: URGENT help needed..please guys ...!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014