We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

Woodridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

I am planning to visit Darjeeling from Kolkata at end of of Jan. or 1st week of Feb.2014.Need to know weather,buget hotel & site to visit & minimum days require to see all

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

Hi Kirti

The dates you have chosen are very good. The climate will be good out there and hopefully you will have a rocking time. There is no budget for hotel. You have to figure out whats your budget then we can suggest on that. From My side 7-8 nights will be very good to cover parts of Sikkim and Darjeeling. If more then great. So you tell us how many days you can spare for your trip ????

Cheers

Sanchit

Mentioned in this post
Sikkim
Sikkim
India
Woodridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

Thanks Sanchit. I am planning for 5-7 days.Hotel from 800-1000 for 2 persons.What will be Temp. & can you suggest sites to visit during that time.Also what will be buget for local travel. Also it good idea to take toy train ride for 7 hours or not?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

kirti very sorry some urgent meeting came will surely help you out in morning.

Cheers

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

Kirti43 .

Though february is off season , but it is \very tough to get good hotel in your range. try west bengal tourism hotel at Darjeeling .

www.westbengaltourism.gov.in

Level Contributor
26 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

Hi,

i'm also planning to go to Darjeeling on this coming January (to be exact 25/1 - 1/2), i hope the weather is good. My question, is it safe to travel alone?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
8 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

I am also planning to visit Darjeeling on Feb1st, 2014. That time is off-season and discounts are available in most of the hotels (need to contact hotels for discounts).

The suggested itinerary for Darjeeling and Gangtok will be as per my opinion,

Day1: Reach Darjeeling (From Kurseong Toy train ride can be availed) and night stay in Darjeeling

Day2: Darjeeling site seeing (7 point) and night stay.

Day3: Morning start for Kalimpong and Dello, Night stay in Kalimpong(53KM)

Day4: Morning start for Pelling, night stay in Pelling (120KM)

Day5: Pelling local site seeing and transfer to Gangtok (120KM), night stay in Gangtok

Day6: Gangtok local site seeing, night stay

Day7: Start for NJP

WBTDC accommodation tariff is 1000-1500 in Darjeeling/Kalimpong

Private hotels are also available within that range; you can try Ranbdentse Residency(Pelling) and Saikripa(Gangtok).

Mentioned in this post
Gangtok
Gangtok
East Sikkim, India
Kalimpong
Kalimpong
Kalimpong District, India
Pelling
Pelling
West Sikkim, India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

As you are coming by February ,weather will be pleasant that time. It require minimum 8-9days to complete the trip.

Day 1. arrive Kolkata ,rest of the leisure.

Day 2. Go for a full day Kolkata heritage city tour

Day 3. Morning free for shopping in new market , evening take train to NJP.

Day 4. Transfer NJP railway station to Darjeeling(93KM approx 3hrs). overnight stay in Darjeeling

Day 5. Go for Darjeeling local sight seeing including spectacular sunrise from tiger hill.

Day 6. Take a cab from Darjeeling to pelling , Overnight in pelling.

Day 7. pelling local sight seeing.

Day 8. Back to Njp raiway station for onward journey (120km approx 4hrs journey)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

M planning to visit Darjeeling from Kolkata at 2nd week of Jan 2014.Need to know weather,gud hotel rents & thr names within 1500...& also want to know the reserve cab charges from NJP to Darjeeling...

Durgapur, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

i wnt to vsit in darjeeling in 10th jan to 15 jan .can i see any where snwfall in darjeeling??

plz rply me...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visit darjeeling in end of Jan.2014

arun2014

there is no snowfall at Darjeeling ..For snowfall Visit Sandakophul otherwise visit ..Tsongmo lake baba mandir or north sikkim or Zuluk ...at East sikkim.