We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning to visit gangtok & darjeeling in august first week

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
planning to visit gangtok & darjeeling in august first week

flight from Delhi on 7th Aug and booked a hotel Rhododendron Dell, Darjeeling and on 9th check in Nettle & Fern Hotel in Gangtok. return flight is on 11th Aug from Bagdogra.

had i planned correctly? also please suggest the itinerary for the sight seeing and city transfers.

is that the right time for this visit?

Edited: 8:07 am, June 04, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning to visit gangtok & darjeeling in august first week

Planning Totally Wrong . actually you get 3 days i.e 8th 9th 10th ...

First of all August is not good month to Visit Darjeeling And Gangtok as rain and Full Monsoon going on. Don't think you can enjoy your sightseeing due to rain

Rhododrendell resort is 7-8 km from Darjeeling town , Whenever you come to Mall you have to hire car.

though it is good Hotel as per TA reviews but i believe you it will not worth stay during your visit or time .the resort is perfect for honeymoon couple or leisure tourist.(better choose any hotel near mall as your duration of vacation is too short.)

Nettle are fern is good hotel and it is situated Development area . if you booked Valley view yu can enjoy Gangtok from the Hotel.

The plan may be like this...

Day one 7th ... reach Bagdogra and transfer to Hotel...

8th - local sightseeing ..(need not to visit Tiger hill as Rhododrendon has view of Kanchanjunga ) and august full of cloud.

9th reach gangtok and check in hotel. afternoon at MG marg

10th Gangtok local sightseeing ..

11th Transfer to Airport .

please mention your flight Schedule ... on 7th and 11th ..

As darjeeling need 4 hrs from Bagdogra and Gangtok Needs 5 hours from Bagdogra.

I suggest Choose one spot either Gangtok or Darjeeling to enjoy your holidays.

Edited: 12:35 pm, June 04, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning to visit gangtok & darjeeling in august first week

Hi Buddy

Dipan is right. Not a perfect planning and full monsoon period. That too you are getting only three days in the entire trip which is a bit less. To enjoy the beauty of the whole area at least 6 nights should be considered.

I too suggest go for only one place Gangtok and stay over there and cover up that place in 3 Days.

Cheers

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning to visit gangtok & darjeeling in august first week

Sanchit suggestions is good. stick to Gangtok

4. Re: planning to visit gangtok & darjeeling in august first week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 07, 2014