We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling in Aug

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
89 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Darjeeling in Aug

Hello Forum,

Me and my wife is planning to go Darjeeling by the mid of Aug 2013. We are totally new to this place, so not much aware about the weather conditions during Aug month. Is it good time to visit?

If Darjeeling is not good to visit during monsoon then please suggest some other place near Kolkata where we can spent peacefully at least 7-8 days.

Regards,

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

August will be a wet month almost everywhere in India and Darj would be no different. However the advantage in the hills is that you get spells of rainfall as well as sunshine even during the monsoons. So if you enjoy the dark clouds, rain and fog, do visit the hills for a different experience. The other adv of course is that since Aug is the off season, you can expect lesser crowds and big discounts almost on everything !!!

Hope this helps.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
89 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

Hello debadatt2003,

Thanks for your reply.

We both love rain and dark clouds. It should be like heaven in monsoon?

We will be on vacation for at least 8 days, so please suggest which places we can visit and can we also include Gangtok in our travel plan?

Also what type of clothes we need to carry?

Is there good internet connectivity in Darjeeling and Gangtok? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

When you say you love fogs, dark clouds, rain and hills, you can surely travel to Darjeeling though I personally prefer Sikkim over Darjeeling. When you have 8 days in hand, I strongly suggest you to visit Sikkim and cover North Sikkim, Silk route, Gangtok and Pelling.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
89 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

Abhijit G,

Thanks for your suggestion and I am now seriously considering Sikkim instead Darjeeling.

Please can you suggest itinerary.

How would be weather at mid of Aug? What type of clothes we would need to carry?

Thanks,

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

@DreamTravellerIndia: Sikkim is a paradise of Nature. The place is to feel and the scenic view is to witness.

Let me know if you want to spend time relaxing and enjoy the beauty in leisure or hopping out for places of interests in Sikkim. Th itinerary will depend on your wants or wishes.

FYI

Lingtam is a magnificent place in Sikkim. It is a beautiful hamlet with peace. You can spend cool time here and exploring the nature. There is no one to disturb you. You can even take a walk along the dark road in cold weather. Three is nothing to scare about. People here is so simple and polite. Aritar lake is a good place to visit, a boating is must in the lake.

You can visit Gangtok via Silk route. The silk route nothing but nature's treasure. There are many places to visit en-route Gangtok and the journey would be a memorable one.

From Gangtok you can visit north Sikkim which is another superb place of destination away from the city crowd. I would suggest a 2 nights - 3 days package to witness the beauty of nature.

Pelling can be another good place to visit along with these destinations. You will surely love it. Once you tell me your choice, I can make an itinerary for you depending on what you want.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
89 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

Abhijit G,

Thanks for your reply.

We would like to spend time relaxing and enjoy the beauty.

Please consider 7 days total travel time including transportation. We will be starting from Kolkata and reaching back to Kolkata at the end of the trip.

This is very first time we are visiting North East so please suggest DOs and DON'Ts.

Also along with the itinerary, please suggest hotel options.

Regards,

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

@DreamTravellerIndia: I have send you all details in Message box. Have a check.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

8. Re: Darjeeling in Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 17, 2014