We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to stay

Hotel to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:00 am, September 16, 2016
Seattle, Washington
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to stay

Darjeeling is built on steep slopes, all 100% hills. This is not the place to bring someone with knee problems or mobility issues. You have to walk up and down many hills to go out and about and relatively far distances to get anywhere. Every room in every hotel is up a flight of stairs plus you will have to walk up hills to get to all the hotels. Even the very best hotels lack elevators.

Much of the town is off limits to cars and taxis. Also, wheelchairs are not safe on the broken up, cobbled streets and would be useless.

I would not advise this place for your mother.

Edited: 1:17 pm, March 23, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to stay

I suggest try the Govt Tourist Lodge offered by West Bengal Tourism Dev Corp. it is situated right on the Mall and it is fully accessible by cars. I think they have some rooms on the ground floor - hence you might avoid stairs altogether.

By being up on the mall, you have excellent views. Also your mom can walk around the mall area without having to encounter any steep slopes.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,596 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to stay

Debarshi,

I would suggest Sunflower, its right on the mall [Tourist lodge is in Bhanu Sarani, close to the mall, you need to walk about 300 mtrs to reach the mall]. Ask them to provide Room No.101 or 102.

Edited: 11:17 am, March 24, 2013
4. Re: Hotel to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2014