We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Jaipur, India
5 posts
Save Topic
Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Hello,

I am Ankit from Jaipur. I am planning for Darjeeling, Gangtok & Guwahati trip in Last week of June. It will be a family trip.

I will be reaching NJP on 23rd June evening and have return tickets from Guwahati on 29th June afternoon. I Would like to visit Darjeeling, Gangtok, Guwahati/Kaziranga during this trip. But I am bit confused on how much time to spend where ?? .. Also as of now I am planning to devote just a day or maximum 2 days to Guwahati/kaziranga.

Request you to kindly suggest me an itenary. Based on your suggestion I will make my train bookings from NJP to guwahati.

Thanks in Advance !!! :)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Ankit -- there is no way that you can fit in so many places in 5.5 days.

Thanks

2. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, March 26, 2013
Jaipur, India
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Hello Deb, Hello Hemant,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Based on the above inputs I have planned to skip Guwahati for this trip !!! Also I have got to know that Kaziranga park will be closed during month of June.

And since the return bookings from guwahati has been done. I will keep the Arrival/Departure Plans same but will devote maximum time to Darjeeling & Gangtok.

So now my new plan will be: "23rd June Evening" : Arrival at NJP &

"28th June Night ": Departure from NJP.

Request you to suggest Itenary accordingly, Also is there any other nearby places (Mirik/Kalimpong/Kurseong etc) which I can cover with Darjeeling & Gangtok !!!!

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Ankit,

You seriously need to try and change your return ticket. Are you returning from Guwahati by train or flight ? The reason I am saying this is because it will take you approx 12 hrs by train from NJP to Guwahati. While returning, if you are traveling be train from Guwahati you will again have to pass via NJP. So what's the point in traveling 12+12=24 hrs extra by train. Use that time for site seeing.

Thnx

Jaipur, India
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Hi Deb,

I understand your concern, But I have flight tickets from Guwahati , since there is no direct flight from NJP to Jaipur !!!!

And rescheduling/cancelling the flight tickets is not possible for me now. :)

Considering no changes in booking, still I request you to suggest itenary following which we can enjoy the stay optimally !!!

Sorry for Bothering you this many time :)

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Hi Ankit,

I now understand your situation. Fair enough -- so the first thing that you need to do is book train tickets in the evening of 28th June from JNP to Guwahati ( arriving Guwahati on 29th early morning).

What time is your flight from Guwahati ? If it is in the evening, I strongly recommend you to hire a car and visit the very famous Kamakhya Temple ( this trip will take you 3-4 hrs).

I would suggest the below itenary :-

23rd june- NJP – Darjeeling

24th june- Darjeeling sightseeing ( as mentioned by Hemant)

25th june- Darjeeling – Gangtok - Depart early around 8am -- and ask the car to take you to Rumtek monastery before you arrive at Gangtok. Evening for stroll and shopping around M.G.Road

26th June-Full day sightseeing in Gangtok including 3 points tour ( Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok etc), Flower Show ( dont miss this), Ranka monastery,Banjhakri falls,Dro-Dul chorten,Institute of Tibetology museum,Handloom and Handicraft centre.

27th June- Day excursion to Tsomgo lake,Baba mandir and Nathula pass.

28th June- Gangtok- NJP after an early lunch and catch train in the evening.

Hope this helps.

Jaipur, India
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Thanks a Lot Deb !!!! :)

Ur itinerary will surely help a lot in making the trip fun filled !!! :)

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

I you really want to enjoy the hills which. Please do not go these overcrowded places. They are just a waste of time and money. If you really want to enjoy the beauty of nature and Himalayas you should opt for remote places in and around North Bengal and Sikkim.

Don't worry i don't charge anything for free advice.

You can contact me throught sayakenator@gmail.com

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,592 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

Avoid responding posters who advised to send e-mail or PM for more information. If they do have more information to give, they should post that on the forums. Even the website of poster (Advisor) is also mentioned in some posts, all these are way of luring you into a commercial deal and mislead you. Also ignore those posts, where the poster is more keen to tell about particular agency, driver, hotel etc without the other information as asked by poster.

Edited: 7:48 am, March 26, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Darjeeling-Gangtok-Guwahati trip in June !!!

I agree 100% with Ashish da. Firstly we need to recognize that it is not by fluke that places like Darj n Gangtok have become famous with hundreds of hotels - there must be some reason. Secondly we have to remember that information about Darj and Gangtok was provided because the original blogger asked for it.

And finally, if someone has info about some additional exotic locations having easy access and good hotels, you are more than welcome to share info on the same for everyone to benefit. Let's not mislead tourists with spooky email ids. and sales pitches.