We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

Chennai
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

Hi All,

We are 17 people starts from Chennai on 12.06.2013 11.00am and reach to NJP station on 14.06.2013 morning 03.45am.

our return train on 17.06.2013 night 23:40 hrs to Chennai

in the mean time we have 4D/3N are there. Please suggest your itinerary with cheap rate hotels

Question1: The train reaches at NJP 03.45 -what about the chillness in the morning

Question 2: as per our understanding the Toy train morning 09;00 - till where we can wait ?

-need to book toy train in advance?

Question :3 - We are try to cover Darjeeling,Gangtok,Mirik, Kalimpomg - otherwise please suggest your itinerary with minimal budget . If possible we will cover Gangtok

Please help me to make enjoy our valuable vacation period

Thank you so much in advance to all

Thanks

Manivannan

Chennai
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

Dear Ashis Ji,

Please advise your suggested Itinerary for 4days / 3 nights

Thanks

Manivannan

2. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, February 19, 2013
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

johnmiller192...

Darjeeling would be dicey in the coming summer. As of now, there is a political unrest. Situation likely to be unstable there. However, to be on the safe side, plan for Sikkim now. If the situation improves, Darjeeling can be included.

Weather would be hot at NJP, medium woolens needed for Gangtok/Day2

The itinerary can be as follows -

D1 Arr NJP, transfer to Gangtok. [Golden Pagoda, Doma Residency]

D2 Day trip to Nathula Pass, Baba Mandir and Tsomgo Lake.

D3 Gangtok s/s (Halfday) and transfer to Pelling [Hotel Bhaichung, Simvo]

D4 Pelling s/s and transfer to NJP for return journey

AshisRoy

Edited: 5:01 am, February 19, 2013
Chennai
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

Ashis ji,

The Banth Will be till June?

Please confirm or else can we plan for July /August . Which is the best season to visit Darjelling

what is the cost required for 4D/3Nights; do you know any travel agent who is doing for mi\edium budget

Thanks

Manivannan

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

It was not mentioned, that 'The Banth Will be till June'. It is not possible to forecast on political activity. The situation has already been briffed.

This region should be avoided in monsoon.

Edited: 6:15 am, February 19, 2013
Chennai
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

which is the best month after July . Possible see any ice ride are's in Darjelling

7. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:39 am, February 22, 2013
Edited: 4:39 am, February 22, 2013
Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

We are planning a week's vacation in Gangtok/Darjeeling in the first/second week of this year ( 2013). Is it safe to travel? Please advice. Your early reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

PSC

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

We are planning a week's vacation in Gangtok/Darjeeling in the first/second week of this year ( 2013). Is it safe to travel? Please advice. Your early reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

PSC

10. Re: Please Help me our vacation will be best for the year

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 24, 2014