We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Köln
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Hello,

we will trvael to darjeeling from 29th od september unil 2nd of october.

This means we have the 30th of september and 1st of october for activities.

as I see it on the homepage of irctc all trains are sold out (toy train to ghum, ride to kurseong). and for the full day tour there are just given informations at the homepage but no possibility to book it. Do you know how to book it?

we really want to do one of these 3 trides and we don´t mind for the costs..

Is there another way to get tickets, even if it es more expensive? maybe directly in darjeeling?

Our hotel (mayfair) is not providing a service to buy these tickets.

Thank you very much

Melanie

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Hi Melanie,

Darjeeling to Karseong journey ticket can be booked over the railway booking counter only. It can be booked any such counter in India. However, the hotel should give that much service to guests. I am not sure, but you may request Mr. Sangay Sherpa +919832054944/+919832756130, he is an influential local guy of Darjeeling, in adventure tourism business. See if he can help you.

AshisRoy

Edited: 8:17 am, September 26, 2012
Köln
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Hello Ashis,

thank you for your very fast reply.

I already spoke/wrote to the given contact and he is trying to work something out.

As we are living in India (Delhi) I also registered at IRCTC today, but I wasn´t able to book tickets. On one place there are tickets available for the morning tour on the other place not (both Irctc homepage).

As emergency plan I was wondering if I can buy tickets at the Railway station in Delhi. Do you think it is possible? Is this just possible for the ride to Kurseong or also for the Joyride?

For the airport pick up the hotel charge 3000 Rs. I have read prices between 1600 and 3000 Rs. I was wondering if the hotel price is too expensive?

Is it easy to get a taxi at the airport (arrival time 1.30 pm) and for which price?

Is there a prepaid-counter?

Thank you so much!!!

Melanie

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Hi Melanie,

You can book tickets for Darjeeling-Karseong as well as for Joy ride from the ticket counter at Delhi/New Delhi rly station.

Small car will charge approx Rs.2000 for drop-off to Darjeeling. Though cars readily available at Bagdogra airport but you need to be tacle so many vendore with your bargain skill. Rather it would be convenient to pre-bbok the car either through hotel or from local agents.

Mayfair is the top line hotel, naturally their rates will be high for every service they rendered.

AshisRoy

Edited: 4:44 am, September 27, 2012
Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Hello Melanie.

you may book thigh some local travel agent in Darjeeling where they will charge service charge go for Ashmita treks & tours help full travel it's worth it !

Köln
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Thank you!!!

It seems that Ashmita was able to book the Toy train.

I am just waiting for the tickets...

Sooooooooooo happy!

Köln
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

Toy Train worked!!! We also booked the airport transfer with Ashmita.

I love Tripadvisor.

Motivated by this, I just started to catch up reviews of last trips...

7. Re: HELP!!! Toy Train sold out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, December 14, 2013