We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bhubaneswar, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

My group comprising of three families (7 adults and 5 children) have planned to visit Darjeeling_Gangtok areas from 10.06.2012 to 15.06.2012.My travel plan is as follows:

10.06.2012: 8.00 A.M Arrival New Jalpaiguri

15.06.2012: 2.15 P.M Departure Bagdogra Airport

Please suggest a detailed a programme fora pleasant tour.Include best means of budget conveyance and accommodation .

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

sns1966

The itinerary can be as follows :

10/6 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok (4hrs). Stroll around M.G.Marg, overnight

11/6 Gangtok. - Nathula, Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir.

12/6 Gangtok - local sight seeing,

13/6 To Darjeeling (4hrs), afternoon - roaming around Mall,

14/6 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, HMI, Tea Garden

15/6 Return journey.

You may hire Tempo Traveller for transfer between Bagdogra/NJP - Gangtok - Darjeeling. Local sight seeing to be done by two cars.

AshisRoy

Edited: 7:38 am, March 25, 2012
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

sns1966

Please change the mentioned itinerary as follows, because Nathula Pass will be closed on 11th and 12th. Sorry, the days were overlooked.

10/6 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Darjeeling (3hrs), afternoon - roaming around Mall.

11/6 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, HMI, Tea Garden etc.

12/6 To Gangtok, Afternoon - stroll on M.G.Marg.

13/6 Gangtok. - Nathula, Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir.

14/6 Gangtok - local sight seeing,

15/6 To Bagdogra/NJP for return journey

Edited: 7:46 am, March 25, 2012
Bhubaneswar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

Dear Sri Roy

Nice to hear from you.I should be happy if you can clarify some points

1.Whether the train service from NJP to Darjeeling has resumed ? If so,can we book advance tickets?

2.How to book toy trains in advance ? I understand there is heavy rush and we may miss it because of nonavailability of seats.Booking is open in the railtourism site only upto 31st May. Availability of seats are also limited.

3.Please suggest few localities to stay in Darjeeling/Gangtok.Include some budget hotels in order of preference.

Regards

sns1966

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

sns1966

Toy Train service between NJP and Darjeeling has been suspended now. You may avail toy train from Karseong to Darjeeling or vice-versa. Most convenient would be The Joy Ride Darjeeling-Ghum-Darjeeling. Ticket for this journey can be bought from www.irctc.co.in

In Darjeeling, you may try Sunflower, Dekeling Hotel, WBTDC Tourist Lodge. In Gangtok, Mintokling G.H.,Lakar Hotel, Cherry G.H., Sagorika.

AshisRoy

Edited: 1:16 am, March 27, 2012
Bhubaneswar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

Dear Sri Roy

Its so kind of you. Your inputs will be of immense help to me.

Regards

sns1966

Bhubaneswar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

Dear Sri Roy

I'm sorry to disturb you once again.

I am told that the all travelers (including children) need to have Photo IDs and 4 nos. passport size photographs in order to travel around Nathulla pass and Tsomgo lake.Is this information correct ? If so,whether Photo IDs issued by school authorities in case of children are accepted ?

What is its distance from Gangtok and what is the indicative time we need to spend for this travel ?

Regards

sns1966

Delhi
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

Hi ,

You may consider the Classic Guest House in Darjeeling and Mintokling Guest house in Gangtok for decent accomodations .

Travel Time is about 3 hrs between the 2 places and you could catch a good place to do river Rafting en route if that is of interest .

Also it is advisable to carry photo Ids .Just another piece of info .. i was in the region exactly on the dates you mentioned this year and we experienced rains here and there .. so keep yourself prepared . We loved it though .

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

sns1966

You need to carry 2 passport photos & photo ID of each member of your group. For children school ID will suffice.

Nathula Pass, Baba Mandir & Tsomgo Lake will take a full day.

AshisRoy

Edited: 2:07 am, March 28, 2012
9. Re: Darjeeling_Gangtok tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 am, June 20, 2013