We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

darjeeling tour

Kakinada, Andhra...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
darjeeling tour

Hai, I am visiting darjeeling in may 2012 along with my wife and two kids aged 9 and 4 for a trip of 4 nights.kindly let me know if south indian veg food is available in any of the hotels in darjeeling. Is it economical to book hotels online can I go to the hotel and take room.My buget is Rs 2000-3000 per day including food.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: darjeeling tour

dlssarma

You may stay in Gymkhana Club and get your meals from Big Bite and Lunar (for South Indian food). May is high-season in Darjeeling, you should book the hotel in advance.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10:38 am, March 09, 2012
Kakinada, Andhra...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: darjeeling tour

dear Roy , thank you for your suggestion. Can I get the tarriff details and also the booking procedure of the hotel. Pl. let me know if the hotel offers any packages . I also request you to suggest me a good itenary for 4 days in darjeeling . I wish to spend a leisurly holiday with my family.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: darjeeling tour

The tariff would be around 2-2.5K for double room. You may try WBTDC Tourist Lodge (close to Gymkhana) also. Which can be booked on www.westbengaltourism.gov.in

The itinerary can be as follows :

Day1 Arrival - afternoon : roaming around the mall

Day2 Early morning - Toy train ride. After lunch - HMI, Zoo, Tea Garden.

Day3 Toy train ride, excursion to Rock Garden.

Day4 Ropeway ride (subject to open), afternoon - shopping.

AshisRoy

Edited: 1:16 am, March 10, 2012
Kakinada, Andhra...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: darjeeling tour

thank you Roy.But Tiger Hill is missing in your itenary.how about hotel seven17.I find there are some packages of the hotel in their website.Any of these are good? Pl . let me know if I can book any of the hotel one week in advance,because it is too early now to book for May as I may not be sure to get leave so early.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: darjeeling tour

dlssarma

Sorry, itinerary of Day2 Early morning - 'Toy train ride' to be read as Tiger Hill. Toy train ride is already there in day 3. It was a typing mistake.

Seven Seventeen is a good hotel. I second brave1's suggestion. Getting room before one week is a bit sceptical. Anyway, try to make a provisional booking with a token advance, if they agree.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10:29 am, March 10, 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
446 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: darjeeling tour

South Indian Veg food is available in Frank Ross Cafe and Hasty Tasty also. Pl follow Ashis Roy's advice for the rest.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
446 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: darjeeling tour

South Indian Veg food is available in Frank Ross Cafe and Hasty Tasty also. Pl follow Ashis Roy's advice for the rest.

Kakinada, Andhra...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: darjeeling tour

thank you. Pl.let me know the items served in the breakfast generally in hotels which have B&B plan. Shall I opt for CP or MAP plans in darjeeling hotels.thank you.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: darjeeling tour

dlssarma

Every hotel has its own menu for breakfast. In veg breakfast, you'll get Bread, Butter, Jam, Dosa, Idli, Aloo Paratha etc in breakfast. Go for CP, if necessary, you can always change that to MAP.

AshisRoy

Edited: 11:32 am, March 12, 2012
Kakinada, Andhra...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: darjeeling tour

thank you verymuch Mr.Roy. 1) . Regarding toy train ride it is mentioned in some fora that we have to book in advance.Is that necessary? I have browsed IRCTC website .Ticket for joy ride is mch more costlier than ordinary travel from Darjeeling to Ghum in train from darjeeling to kurseong.

2). If we go by train to Ghum , can we get taxi for returning back to darjeeling?