We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Topic
Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

Any body tell me from which shop I can purchase best quality and original tea in Darjeeling.I have a plan to visit Darjeeling.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,920 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

Buy genuine Darjeeling tea from Nuthmall's (Opp G.P.O.), The Rink Mall, Laden La Road, Darjeeling.

Edited: 7:14 am, March 09, 2012
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

I endorse the views of Ashis Roy. Even I purchased tea from them and found it to be good and reasonable in price.

Sanjiv

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

Nathumalls is good, you could also try Tea Emporium on Laden La Road, near post office. I know they stock decent teas. You could visit both shops and see the teas on offer before making a decision. They are within walking distance of each other.

Gurgaon, India
Level Contributor
225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

nathumall is the right place to buy tea and if you are not sure which one to buy they help you buy the tea.you are looking for you can buy a cup of tea which you want and then.if you like the flavour you can buy the whole packet.

also you can find tea opposite to HMIE where there are tea gardens and the price is much lower than the town but you will find only 1 type of tea whereas at nathumall there are so many varieties to buy tea

N Delhi
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

You may visit the GoldenTips Tea Boutique at the Rink Mall in Darjeeling the best place in terms of variety, ambience, Tea Menu, packaging and courtesy. hundreds of varieties are available and they also offer free tasting.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

The best Darjeeling tea is exported, and a small quantity of the best varieties comes to Kolkata. The price you will pay for good Darjeeling tea in a shop in Kolkata is less than what you would pay for the same tea in Darjeeling. So buy tea in Darjeeling only if you are not coming to Kolkata, otherwise buy in Kol.

N Delhi
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

Yes, the one at the Rink Mall offers a huge variety. One can sit and sip several varieties before buying. A very very decent place also recommended by several locals and hotels.

8. Re: Purchasing of Tea in Darjeeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 am, June 18, 2013