We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gloryous
6 posts
Save Topic
Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

I am thinking of visiting the Darjeeling area in early April and am interested in trekking. I want to visit Neora Valley park for the wildlife and jungle-like terrain. But I want to visit Singalila for the spectacular views.

Should I pick just one? If so, I am open to recommendations. Or, better yet, is it possible to visit both areas in roughly 12 days?

Thank you very much.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,580 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

gloryous

Singalila Ridge Trek to Gochala pass will take 11 days. Which will start from Pelling and ends in Yuksom.

Neora Valley Trek can be done in 7 days. The trek will start will follow this route. Kalimpong - Lava - Alubari - Rechala - Thusum - Samsing.

Edited: 3:10 am, January 10, 2012
gloryous
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

Once again, thank you. Are you familiar with Neora Valley National Park? There is surprisingly little information on it. I am a wildlife lover, so I am looking for a trek where I have a good shot at enjoying India's wildlife.

I am also drawn to Singalila for the views. Thanks again.

-Gloria

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,580 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

Gloria

Neora Valley National Park is well-known for wild orchids and Red Pandas. If you are interested, you can visit Dooars [Jaldapara/Gorumara/Holong] for wild elephant, rhino, bear, cheetah and other wild species. Its close to Kalimpong.

AshisRoy

Edited: 8:56 pm, January 11, 2012
gloryous
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

AshisRoy,

You are an incredible resource. I love this idea. I definitely intend to visit Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary in Dooars. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

-Gloria

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,580 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

Have a nice trip Gloria.

AshisRoy

Edited: 2:43 am, January 12, 2012
6. Re: Singalila and Neora Valley National Parks in 12 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, March 06, 2013