We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

Hello Friends.....

Me and my Husband planning to go our honeymoon in North East.

want to visit Darjeeling, gangtok, Pelling, Kalimgpong, Lachung, Lachen in month of April 2012.

We have to spend good total 9Night-10Days....and want time in all place..

Is it better to go all place..?? or visit some place ?? or avoid Lachung, Lachen becoz of no good roads...???

Please help me for the itineary also help me for good and best hotel in all place..??

We are coming by train in NJP station and back to Delhi by Flight..??

Also please let me know the Transportation for 2 person and how will cost...??? including tax and all...???? It safe to travel with Indica or Scorpio..?????

Please reply me...

thanx

uju

mumbai

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

Dear UJUmumbai,

Congratulations first.

I am back in Mumbai from my Darjeeling, Sikkim tour just last week.

You can drop Darjeeling as it is a overcrowded place and has lost its old charm shown in the old hindi movies. Instead stay at Kalimpong. Take a taxi and visit Darjeeling. One day is sufficient to cover all the points in Darjeeling.

Pelling is beautiful and many hotels rooms have direct view of Kanchenjunga so you can see golden snow tops in the early morning sunshine right from your bed.

Take a cab visit Hanging bridge near Uttaray, Dentam valley (pl do not forget to buy their Alpine cheese at their factory) Khechuperi lake, Yuksam etc.

Gangtok is also good.

North sikkim was not open so I could not visit that. It is said to be very beautiful and I wish to visit sikkim next year just for that.

Taxis are the only way for tourists.Bagdogra airport to Darjeeling via Mirik lake they charged me 2100 normal route prepaid taxi is 1635. Darjeeling to Pelling they charged me 2400 or so. Pelling to Gangtok 2000

Gangtok local site seeing 1000

Gangtok Nathula baba mandir 4500

These were off season charges. By April it would go up (it never comes down!)

You find out other couple doing this tour at that time so you can share. I found one on internet and they were very good guys. So our taxi bill was divided.

Have wonderful time.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,420 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

I beg to differ with you sanjeev. Darjeeling is still a beautiful place, true its crowded but still has its own charm as Queen of the hills. There is no way you can cover Darjeeling as a daytrip. Tiger Hill alone will take up a day of the itinerary and if you haven't seen sunrise from Tiger Hill then you haven't been to Darjeeling. On the other hand, I think Kalimpong is best done as a daytrip because not much to see there. So its a question of individual preferences.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,117 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

UJUMumbai

Since you are coming in April, you must do North Sikkim, the roads are not bad as you thought. Its like any other hilly terrain of India. Yes, the North Sikkim roads were broken down by the earthquake a few months back. Those are being restored, some stretches are still under repair, will be completed shortly.

Lets start with the itinerary.

Day1 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok (4hrs). Stroll around M.G.Marg,

Day2 Gangtok. - Nathula Pass, Baba Mandir & Tsomgo Lake.

Day3 To Lachung (5hrs), overnight stay.

Day4 Lachung - Yumthang - Lachen, overnight stay

Day5 Lachen - Gurudongmar - Lachung - Gangtok.

Day6 To Pelling via Ravangla (4.5hrs).

Day7 Pelling - Darap Village, Rimbi Waterfalls, Rock Garden, Kunchenjungha Water Falls and Khecheopalri Lake. After lunch visit Pemayangtse Monastery, Helipad View Point, Rubduntse Palace Ruins and Bird Sanctuary

Day8 Pelling To Darjeeling (4hrs), afternoon - roaming around Mall, coffee at Glenery's

Day9 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, HMI, Tea Garden

Day10 Return journey.

Hotels : Gangtok = Mayfair, Pelling = Mt. Pandim, Darjeeling = Windamere,

Lachen = Fortuna, Lachung – Fortuna / Le Coxy.

Transport : You may hire Sumo, Scorpio, Innova or Indica for the tranfers. Nathula & North Sikkim to be done in package trip.

AshisRoy

Edited: 2:05 am, November 24, 2011
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

Thanx All..........your reply is very helpful for my trip...I hope it will be wonderfull.....

I agree with Ashish Roy...thanx shish..but pls let me know there is no option for hotel in lachung....Fortuna..looks good...but not for my choise..

I want to stay as a Home Stay ( Like Mahendra ) i heard about Kalimpong Hotel garden Retreat...is it Good for stay..?????

for gangtok :- yes I want to stay in Mayfair.....pls let us know the costing for Car may be we will travel in Innova...??? Pls let me know the Cost for 10 days

Also I agree with Sanjiv...But Sanjiv Ji..Darjeeling is very nice place...dont go with Crowd..go with Natural beauty....Tiger hill..i will definatly want to see....for lachung lachen...not sure ..

but many many thanx for your reply....

If you know any hidden place....untouchable...but very silent and very natural..yes I want to see them also...Pls help me if any place is good to see in north east...

regards,

uju

mumbai

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,117 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

UJUMumbai

Le Coxy is one of the best hotels in Lachung, which is already suggested to you. You may try Apple Orchards for Lachen.

I do not have any experience of the said home stay in Kalimpong. I use to stay in Silver Oaks, whenever I been in Kalimpong. I suppose, that's the best property there.

Do not hire the car for entire trip (if North Sikkim is in the itinerary). Because, you have to hire seperate car for Nathula & N/Sikkim. However, Innova will charge Rs.2800 approx per day in April.

There are some tourist destinations on the silk-route. Which has amazing views amidst of serene nature, like Zuluk, Kupup. In West Sikkim Hilley, Barsey, Rinchenpong. But those places need trek to move around. There will be only budget category hotels or home stays with basic amenities and food.

AshisRoy

Edited: 4:56 am, November 24, 2011
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,117 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

UJUMumbai

You may try Yarlum Resort in Lachung.

AshisRoy

Edited: 5:37 am, November 24, 2011
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

Hi Friends,

As per your all Helps our Itineary

Day 1st :- NJP to Kalimpong.

Day 2nd :- Kalimpong (What to do and where to go ??????)

Day 3 : Kalimpong to Darjeeling

Day 4: Darjeeling (Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, HMI, Tea Garden)

Day 5: Darjeeling (What to do and where to go ????????)

Day 6: Darjeeling- pelling

Day 7: pelling

(Darap Village, Rimbi Waterfalls, Rock Garden, Kunchenjungha Water Falls and Khecheopalri Lake. After lunch visit Pemayangtse Monastery, Helipad View Point, Rubduntse Palace Ruins and Bird Sanctuary)

Day 8: Pelling - Gangtok

Day 9: Gangtok (Nathula Pass, Baba Mandir & Tsomgo Lake.)

Day 10: Gangtok- Bagdogra

If there i am missing plz plz let me know i want to stay at home stay not in hotel if u know sum plz tell me

Regards

UJU

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

Dear UJUMumbai,

At Pelling I had a homestay. It is just 1 km. ahead of Silver Oaks and offers a breath taking view of the valley. It is a Bungalow owned by a decent and cultured Nepali family surrounded by beautiful trees.

They were extremely nice and affectionate to us. When I went, the finishing work of the interiors of the rooms was in final stages but they did not allow us to suffer at all. For example their electrician had left leaving the bathroom heater unfitted. But they arranged buckets of water whenever we wanted.

They offered nice homely food. We wanted Pav Bhaji one evening. But they confessed that they do not know how to make it. We told them how to do it and they did it nicely. (Now at least you are sure to get pav bhaji when you go there)

I agree it is not comparable with silver oaks standard as regards high sophistication but at one fourth price of that it is value for money.

They also arranged pick up from taxi stand and sight seeing taxi as well taxi back to Bagdogra airport on request.

There name and address is as follows :-

Mr. Sobenai Pradhan,

Atrium Park, Dr. B.L. Dixit Road, Bong Busty, Kalimpong

Phone 09831987639 and 9932257870

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

@ Sanjiv Ji

is that home stay in Pelling or in kalimpong ??

can you help me how to visit in kalimpong and all outher place ??

Regards

UJU

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: going for honeymoon...pls suggest good place to visit....!!?

UJUmumbai,

It is in Kalimpong

I have written full address