We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling-Pelling-Gangtok -Kalimpong

Mombasa
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Darjeeling-Pelling-Gangtok -Kalimpong

We are 5 adults (2 senior adults aged over 65) and 1 child aged 3 and are planning to visit the Darjeeling and nearby areas.. for about 7-10 days over xmas and new years..

From my research i have come to the proposed itnerary of the following places to visit:

Darjeeling

Pelling

Glenburn Tea Estate

Gangtok

Kalimpong

Can i please request for the best route to take to see these places and if there is anything more I need to see in these areas..?

I would like a relaxed trip as well as reasonable travelling to see the region.

Also advice on temperatures etc would be appreciated.

Thank you all!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling-Pelling-Gangtok -Kalimpong

Your idea route would be Darjeeling-Glenburn Tea Estate-Kalimpong-Pelling-Gangtok. I would recommend the Mayfair or Cedar Inn at Darjeeling, The Silver Oaks at Kalimpong, and Norkhil Hotel at Gangtok. Your itinerary seems fine, but there is no real need to do Kalimpong. I suggest 3 nts Darjeeling (make sure you do Tiger Hill), 1 nt Glenburn, 2 nts Pelling and 2 nights Gangtok. Alternative, take a night off from Darjeeling and spend it in Silver Oaks hotel, Kalimpong.

Mombasa
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darjeeling-Pelling-Gangtok -Kalimpong

Thanks for the info and advice!

Something along the lines that i was thinking..!

Regds

3. Re: Darjeeling-Pelling-Gangtok -Kalimpong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 05, 2012