We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling vs Sikkim

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Darjeeling vs Sikkim

My husband and I will be traveling through India for 3+ weeks in December and early January. We were planning on spending our last four days in Darjeeling site seeing and relaxing. I just started reading about Sikkim and it also seems nice. Which one should we choose?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,374 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling vs Sikkim

Go for 2 nights Darjeeling and 2 nights Gangtok. But if you want to just relax in one place, stick with Darjeeling. Gangtok has a lot of sightseeing places you could visit, but it doesn't have the atmosphere of Darjeeling. I highly recommend The Mayfair or the Cedar Inn hotel. Book early.

2. Re: Darjeeling vs Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 02, 2012