We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dhaka
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

Hi, I am planning to visit Darjeeling on 21st of November 2010 with my wife. This would be my first trip to Darjeeling. I have a few questions to the experienced travellers who already visited Darjeeling.

1. Is end of November considered as off season in Darjeeling? I mean, since I understand that there will be cold at that time, do majority prefer to travel at that time?

2. I already made reservation to Bellevue Hotel by email. (The Original Bellevue, not the Olde Main Bellevue Heritage Hotel). In fact I selected this hotel by reading reviews in TripAdvisor.com. But they are charging Rs 1600 for a deluxe double bedded room. My question is, is that Deluxe room worth charging Rs 1600, or I can get better / similar hotel / room in the same or lower price at that time of my travel?

Please advise.

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,351 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

Hi,

End on November is still part of the season, although approaching off season. You might not find last minute vacancy, so stick to a confirmed booking specially since you are travelling with your wife, If it was with friends or alone you could have taken a chance.

Dhaka
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

Thanks brave1. I think your advice is really valuable and practical. Thanks a lot.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,394 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

Bellevue Hotel is no longer a good property except its location. You'll get much better hotel within that price range in third week of November. No need of advance booking, get the benefit of bargain on spot booking. Keep the e-booking intact that has been made already, you'll feel secured with that. There are plenty of hotels ready to give you huge discount in November end. If it would have 2nd week of December, I wont advise you for spot booking.

Edited: 4:38 am, October 27, 2010
Dhaka
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

Thanks Ashis for your advice. I'll keep those things in mind.

5. Re: Is End of November off season in Darjeeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 26, 2011