We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks

Dhaka City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Thanks

Thanks to both of u for your informations.im going to travel not in september.i hav mistaken.im going to travel on next month( start 14 oct night from dhaka).so is it a good time?

i hav only 7 days.so how many days should i spend in darjeeling and in shillong.

and what are the most attractive places in both town that i must not miss.

If i go by train from jalpaiguri then seats for 17people(!) will be available or not?any booking is required for the journey?

If required......then how can i fix it from Bangladesh?

can u inform me abt sikkim.i heard that Bangladeshi people are not allowed to travel sikkim? is it true?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks

Well Sabrina..you have put us in a spot of bother. If you arrive in Kolkata on Oct 15th, then you are in the peak Durga Puja season......no tickets by train or bus upto NJP. Similarly hotels in darjeeling and sikkim will be choc-a-bloc. I really dont think that this is the proper time to visit these places, unles you plan very well in advance.

Iam sure Brave1 will offer his expert advice. One suggestion that I can make is to visit Shillong for maybe 4 nights and then stay in Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary, if wildlife attracts you. Shillong is comparatively less infested with tourists and therefore hotels will be available easily.

You should also plan as to how you are to travel within India ( i presume you will be flying into Kolkata ..or will it be Guwahati). Pls be almost certain that no train tickets will be avbl during this season...so you will hv to plan domestic air travel. Plan for your budget accordingly.

2. Re: Thanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 10, 2009